Cleveland Metroparks Zoo is dedicated to providing a positive and safe guest experience. Our staff is available on-site to assist visitors with questions ranging from animal care and dining options to meet-the-keeper talks and ADA accessibility, among others. Select from the links below to learn more or look for us on your next visit to Cleveland Metroparks Zoo.
Stroller and Wheelchair Rentals
All areas of Cleveland Metroparks Zoo and The RainForest are wheelchair accessible. The Zoo gift shop in the Welcome Plaza has the following items available for rent:
- Single Stroller: $8
- Double Stroller: $10
- *Electric Wheelchair: $25 (+ $25 deposit + ID required) weather-permitting
- *Push Wheelchair: (not an adult stroller) $12 (+ $10 deposit + ID required)
*Wheelchairs must be reserved in advance. To reserve a wheelchair, call the Zoo gift shop at 216-661-7603 (the gift shop does not have email access).
One of the best ways to experience our park is to take a tram ride. Journey in an open-air tram car, which provides an informative commentary that introduces the animals and exhibits along the tram route. It’s a convenient and comfortable way to ensure you cover the greatest ground during your visit and it’s FREE.
- In Park tram service operates between 10 a.m. until closing
- Travel from African Elephant Crossing directly to the Primate, Cats and Aquatics Building and back
- Other routes may be available
- All routes and times of operation are subject to change
- Trams accommodate strollers and wagons that are empty and folded
- Trams are wheelchair accessible
- Manual or powered wheelchairs will be loaded using the ramp and must be properly secured using a 4-point restrain system. In addition, the rider must be secured in the wheelchair using a seatbelt.
- Electronic Convenience Vehicles (EVCs), motorized scooters and other mobility devices may be loaded onto the tram, however, the rider may not ride on the device while the tram is in motion and the rider must be able to transfer to a seat.
- Wait time for a tram is approximately 20 minutes. During heavy visitation periods, the wait may be longer.
- Tram service is provided on high attendance days from our overflow parking area in Brookside Reservation to the main entrance.
- Heated transportation is available during the winter
Guests must remain seated and keep arms and legs in the tram at all times. We ask that if you have a small child with you, please hold onto them in case the tram is forced into an unexpected stop. For the comfort of all of our guests, there is no eating, drinking or smoking on the trams.
Please contact us at 216-661-6500 for information about daily tram service and routes or for any special accommodations needed.
Restrooms and Other Facilities
For your convenience, restrooms, changing stations and water fountains are located throughout each primary area of the Zoo:
- Main Gate
- Australian Adventure
- Wilderness Trek
- Primate Cats and Aquatics
- African Savanna
- Waterfowl Lake
- All restrooms are ADA accessible
Family Restrooms are located in Australian Adventure (across from Koalas) and African Savanna (adjacent to Rhinos). Family restrooms are ADA accessible and are equipped with benches, changing stations and privacy locks.
Cleveland Metroparks Zoo welcomes nursing mothers. If you'd prefer a private area, please visit the Zoo Receptionist who can assist you.
A playground is located near the Primate Cat & Aquatics Building.
Skateboards, roller skates, bicycles, pets and grills are prohibited.