You acknowledge and agree that Cleveland Metroparks cannot and does not guarantee against viruses, worms, or other unauthorized users or hackers attempting to obtain access to this website or information transmitted to or from this website.
Cleveland Metroparks also reserves the right to temporarily or permanently discontinue this website, any page, or any functionality on this Website at any time and without notice.
Scope of Use
The contents of this website, such as text, graphics, images, animations, videos and/or any other information contained on this website are for informational purposes only.
Cleveland Metroparks permits you to view, use and download portions of this website for your personal, informational, non-commercial purposes; provided that you leave all copyright, trademark and other proprietary notices intact. In addition, certain areas of the Website specifically allow users the option to download materials and tools (e.g. photos, videos, lesson plans, and educational documents) (“Downloadable Content”) intended for educational and training purposes. Provided you, (a) leave all copyright, trademark and other proprietary notices intact, (b) do not display or distribute the Downloadable Content on another website without our prior written consent, and (c) do not sell, resell, or otherwise exploit the Downloadable Content for commercial purposes, you may reproduce, display, and distribute the Downloadable Content for training and educational purposes. However, for the portion of Downloadable Content available only to registered users, you may not reproduce, display, or distribute such Downloadable content without Cleveland Metroparks prior written consent. Except as expressly provided in this paragraph, you may not reproduce, modify, display or distribute any text, graphics, images or other content on the Website, or the design and layout of the Website, without Cleveland Metroparks’s prior written consent.
By accessing the website, you agree to abide by all security and safety measures established by Cleveland Metroparks and its partners or service providers. Cleveland Metroparks reserves the right, for any reason, at its sole discretion, to terminate, change, suspend, or discontinue any aspect of the website at any time. Cleveland Metroparks may also impose limits on certain features of the website or restrict access to any part or all of the Website without notice or penalty.
Rules of Conduct
Certain areas of the website permit you to upload, post, email, or otherwise transmit content (collectively, “User Content”).
- Use this website for illegal purposes, in violation of any applicable laws or regulations or in violation of the rules of Cleveland Metroparks or its service providers;
- Copy, sell, resell, or exploit for commercial purposes any portion of this website; use any robot, spider, or other automatic or manual process to monitor, data mine, or copy any Website pages, content, or user information, except as expressly permitted by Cleveland Metroparks;
- Manipulate identifiers, use another’s ID or password without authorization, or otherwise engage in any activities intended to impersonate or hide a user’s identity or contact information; transmit or distribute viruses or other malicious code;
- Collect user names and contact information and/or send unsolicited commercial communications (spam);
- Take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionally large load on the website’s infrastructure;
- Post content or take any action on the website that infringes or violates someone else's rights (whether protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret, right of publicity or other proprietary right) or otherwise violates the law;
- Transmit or distribute any user content that is unlawful, deceptive, false, stolen, threatening, abusive, harassing, obscene, pornographic, defamatory, racially or ethnically objectionable, or in violation of the personal privacy rights of another; or
- Assist or permit any persons in engaging in any of the activities described above.
- Each user of this website, including you, is responsible for (i) the user content that the user transmits to the website, and the consequences of its use or submission; and (ii) ensuring that all User Content the user transmits to the Website is accurate, truthful, up-to-date, and complete.
All trademarks, service marks and logos on this website are the property of the Cleveland Metroparks. Cleveland Metroparks owns various trademarks, service marks and logos used on this website, including without limitation, the Cleveland Metroparks logo. Unauthorized use of any Cleveland Metroparks (or of any third-party) trademark, service mark, or logo may violate Cleveland Metroparks or a third party’s legal rights. You must obtain Cleveland Metroparks written permission prior to using any trademark or service mark of Cleveland Metroparks.
Cleveland Metroparks and its licensors own all intellectual property rights in this website, except as otherwise expressly indicated. This website is protected by United States and international copyright laws. Any unauthorized use of the website or any content or materials appearing on or accessed through the website may violate copyright laws, laws of privacy and publicity, and other laws and regulations.
By transmitting user content to Cleveland Metroparks or this Website, you grant Cleveland Metroparks a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, assignable, and sublicensable license to use, reproduce, store, modify, display, distribute, prepare derivative works based on, and transmit such content for any purpose, and you waive any and all moral rights and publicity rights in such content.
Limitation of Liability
In no event shall Cleveland Metroparks be liable for any direct, indirect, special, consequential or monetary damages, including fees and penalties in connection with your use of materials posted on this website or connectivity to or from this website to any other website.
Some jurisdictions do not allow exclusions of liability for certain types of damages. Accordingly, some of the above limitations may not apply to you to the extent prohibited by law. In such cases, Cleveland Metroparks liability will be limited to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
Violations; Termination of Use
Third-Party Websites and Linking
Unless otherwise set forth in a written agreement between you and Cleveland Metroparks, you must adhere to Cleveland Metroparks linking policy as follows: (i) the appearance, position and other attributes of the link may not be such as to damage or dilute the goodwill associated with Cleveland Metroparks name or any Cleveland Metroparks trademark or service mark; (ii) the appearance, position, and other attributes of the link may not create the false appearance that your organization or entity is sponsored by, affiliated with, or associated with Cleveland Metroparks; (iii) when selected by a user, the link must display the Website on full-screen and not within a “frame” on the linking Website; and (iv) Cleveland Metroparks reserves the right to revoke its consent to the link at any time in its sole discretion.
Registration and Account Security
You agree that any claim or dispute relating to the Cleveland Metroparks website or your use or reliance on this website shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Ohio without regard to its conflict of laws provisions. The parties agree to exercise of personal jurisdiction by and exclusive venue in the local, state or federal courts located in Cuyahoga County, Ohio.
Compliance with Laws
Although accessible by others, the website is intended for access and use by U.S. residents only. The information provided on this website is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation. Cleveland Metroparks makes no representation that the information in the Website is appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to the Website from territories where the content of the website or use of the services offered herein may be illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access the website from other locations do so on their own initiative and risk and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws.
By using this website, you accept these terms.
Last updated: 7/27/2020
Copyright © Cleveland Metroparks. All Rights Reserved.