Built in 1832, the Lawrence Grist Mill provided flour and grist milling services to local residents. Evidence of the structure is still visible today.
The Lawrence Grist Mill utilized the power from the water of the Rocky River to provide flour and grist milling services to local residents of the Rocky River valley. A 50' tunnel was dug under Cedar Point Road to divert the water from the river to the mill. The mill was built and maintained by the Joel B. Lawrence family in 1832. They used Berea sandstone from the quarries for the foundation of the building. These stones are still present today.