The flooding joined two formerly separate stone quarries with a shallower connecting channel which provides for a diversity of fish habitat in this relatively small lake.
Fish species of importance at Wallace Lake include largemouth bass, bluegill, white crappie, brown bullhead, carp, channel catfish and rainbow trout.
Beach Information | Boat Rentals | Reservable Canopy | Picnic Area | Concessions
Paddle Boats, Kayaks and Stand up Paddle Boards Rentals are available the first Saturday in June through the second Sunday in August.
Special fishing regulations are posted at Wallace Lake as follows:
- Largemouth bass - minimum legal keeper size is 12 inches
- Daily harvest limit is two bass per angler
- Rainbow Trout - daily harvest limit is three trout per angler
Wallace Lake receives annual stockings of adult channel catfish in May and the lake receives two stockings of rainbow trout each winter for ice fishing.
Wallace Lake serves as the west side location for Cleveland Metroparks children's fishing derby, which is held in May of each year. For additional event information call 440.331.8017.
For more information regarding the fishery of this lake, the Wallace Lake Management Plan is available online at the following link: Wallace Lake Management Plan
- Obey Lifeguard instructions at all times
- No swimming when red beach flags are posted due to weather/safety conditions
- No swimming in unauthorized areas
- No diving
- No alcohol or drugs
- Children eight (8) years & under must have adult (Age 18+) supervision
- No glass containers
- No pets on the beach or in the water
- No flotation devices (only U.S. coast guard approved life jackets allowed)
- Swim diapers required for infants and small children
- No fishing near designated swimming areas
- No masks, snorkels or scuba equipment
All patrons are required to follow Cleveland Metroparks waterfront rules and regulations. For the safety of all patrons, lifeguards will enforce any additional rules deemed necessary. Lifeguards have complete authority at all times while on duty, under the direct supervision of the Aquatics/Facilities Manager.