(Admission includes hayride and wristband for entertainment)*
|Children (3 - 11)
|Children (2 and under)
||Free (must sit on lap of adult for the hayrides)
*We accept Cash, Check, Visa, Mastercard, and Discover. There is NOT an ATM on site.
For daily weather, operation and activity updates, please call 440.572.9990 and press option 6. Closings or changed operating hours will also be posted on Cleveland Metroparks alerts & closure page.
Chalet Concession Stand:
During Saturday night public hayrides, our staffed concession stand will be open for purchases of beverages and snacks. No outside food or beverage is permitted inside the Chalet Building during public hayrides.
Chalet Picnic Grove:
Our Picnic Grove has picnic tables and charcoal grills available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Personal electrical appliances and extension cords are hazardous during public hours and are not permitted. Cooking is prohibited in both the indoor or outdoor fireplace.
Other hayrides opportunities available by reservation include:
- Public Saturday night “group hayrides”
- Saturday night tent rentals
- Saturday night birthday parties
- “Day ride” hayrides
- Private building and hayride rentals
- Special rate Sunday private building and hayride rentals
- Staffed concession stand and buffets available for private events
Hayride Rules and Regulations:
- The hayride may be bumpy
- No eating, drinking or smoking on hay wagons
- Hay throwing is permitted on hayrides. Take caution with small children (non hay throwing wagons are available at select times and by advanced reservation).
- Riders must remain seated while the wagon is in motion and through the entire ride
- Riders must keep their hands and arms inside the wagon at all times
- Do not throw straw at the driver of the wagon. You will be permitted to throw straw at the other wagons once the wagon is on the trail
- Secure all loose items including, glasses, purses, wallets, atm & credit cards, items in pockets and other belongings such as watches, rings, cell phones and cameras
- All riders must follow the wagon attendants’ instructions
- No outside food or beverage permitted inside Chalet building during public hayride hours.
- Wristbands are required for all activities (wristbands are included with your hayride ticket purchase)
- No personal electrical appliances or extension cords permitted inside or outside of the Chalet building during public hayride hours
- Cleveland Metroparks is not responsible for injuries or personal property
- Ticket sales end one hour before closing
- Ride at your own risk
- No refunds
For questions, reservations and details, please call 440.572.9990.
The Chalet Recreation Area is available for rentals, including family outings, group functions, company picnics and weddings throughout the spring, summer and fall. The recreation area features cooking grills, picnic tables, a sand volleyball court, playing field, horseshoe pit, swings and corn hole boards. An all-purpose trail is located near the Chalet and can be used for activities like bicycling, jogging, skating and walking. This multi-level facility provides an ADA lift to the main floor and a standalone ADA accessible restroom on the grounds, which includes flush toilets and running water.
The Chalet Recreation Area is available for rent daily May through September from 10:30 a.m. -- 10:30 p.m. All day rentals are available on Saturdays and Sundays only. Rental fee includes use of the building and grounds; additional rental options include the concession area and hayrides.
Reduced day rates Monday through Friday make The Chalet Recreation Area an ideal meeting place. Plan your next staff or group meeting at the Chalet for a refreshing change of pace.
Weddings at The Chalet
A full-day rental includes: Chalet building and grounds, concession area, 2- 20' x 40' tents, and 3 hours of pre-event planning with Chalet staff. Additional amenities available for wedding ceremonies are 75 white wedding chairs for guests and a undecorated wedding arch for you to decorate to your wedding style.
Private Rentals - Spring, Summer and Fall
The area can be rented for events such as family outings, group functions, showers, weddings, graduations, clambakes, fall hayrides and company picnics. Additional ammenities include swings and cornhole boards.
The Chalet offers private hayrides on October weekends before, during and after public hours. Advance registration required.
Private Rentals - Tobogganing
The natural beauty of Cleveland Metroparks provides the perfect backdrop for a toboggan adventure at The Chalet. The toboggan lift lets riders enjoy the thrill of plunging downhill at high speeds on two twin ice chutes. Enjoy holiday parties during non-public hours for family, companies and organizations. The concession area is available for rental at an additional fee.
For more information or to make a reservation, call 440.572.9990.