Once the site of the famous Euclid Beach Amusement Park, Euclid Beach Park now features a 650’ beach with shaded picnic areas, a scenic observation pier and a reservable pavilion. Though it closed in 1969, signs of the amusement park including the shuffleboard area, remnants of the beachside fountain and concrete footers of the Flying Turns roller coaster are still visible.
Euclid Creek Reservation expanded in June 2013 to include the northern portion of the reservation consisting of Euclid Beach Park, Villa Angela Park and Wildwood Park runs along the Lake Erie shoreline.
Adjacent to Euclid Beach Park is Villa Angela Park and Wildwood Park. Scenic overlooks and a wide variety of plant species can be seen along Villa Angela Park’s scenic boardwalk that leads out to a fishing pier and the 900’ sandy beach.
An angler’s paradise, Wildwood Park has a boat launch providing access to Lake Erie, access to the summer Lake Erie walleye fishery, access to Euclid Creek for spring coho salmon and two lengthy rock breakwalls to accommodate shore anglers.
Lifeguard On Duty
Villa Angela Beach is guarded from the first Saturday in June through the second Sunday in August from 11 a.m.- 7 p.m. Then weekends through Labor Day, from 11 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Rules and Regulations
- Obey Lifeguard instructions at all times
- No swimming when red beach flags are posted due to weather/safety conditions
- No swimming in unauthorized areas
- No diving
- No alcohol or drugs
- Children eight (8) years & under must have adult (age 18+) supervision
- No glass containers
- No pets on the Beach or in the water
- No flotation devices (only U.S. coast guard approved life jackets allowed)
- Swim diapers required for infants and small children
- No fishing near designated swimming areas
- No masks, snorkels or scuba equipment
All patrons are required to follow Cleveland Metroparks waterfront rules and regulations. For the safety of all patrons, lifeguards will enforce any additional rules deemed necessary. Lifeguards have complete authority at all times while on duty, under the direct supervision of the Aquatics/Facilities Manager.