The Park District shall begin processing Non-Cleveland Metroparks Program Permit Applications in order of receipt beginning on December 15th of each year for the following year. Permit applications submitted within the current calendar year must be submitted at least forty-five (45) days before the requested activity.
- Review the Non-Cleveland Metroparks Program Application and complete the form.
- A permit is required for entities as defined below when using Cleveland Metroparks property (including accessing waterways such as, but not limited to, Lake Erie, Cuyahoga River, Rocky River, and Chagrin River) for programs. “Programs” include classes, tours, trips, demos, etc. Programs covered by the Fishing Guide Permit are exempt.
- All fee-based “programs” (747.05 Permit Applications (a)(1)(A)(2))
- Free “programs” hosted by a For-Profit entity (747.05 Permit Applications (a)(1)(A)(3))
- Exception: Permits are not required for non-instructional, meet-up type, club rides, walks, or group runs when a non-exclusive space is needed and there are less than 50 people involved in the activity. Without a permit, someone with a permit has the right to ask your group to leave the area.
- Cleveland Metroparks will review the application and, if accepted, send a permit and Conditions of Use to the applicant for review. Entities will read the documents and confirm acceptance by signing the permit and Conditions of Use.All documents will then be sent back to Cleveland Metroparks with payment and a certificate of insurance as needed.
- The non-refundable permit fee of $25.00 per program for each date of your program must be paid within thirty (30) days of receiving the permit from Cleveland Metroparks.
- Do not advertise your program until you have received a confirmed permit.
Submit the Non-Cleveland Metroparks Program Application by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone from 8:30am to 4:30pm, Monday – Friday, at 216-635-3304.
Download Permit Application (PDF)