Outdoor Experience Programs and Nature Centers:
- All centers are free and open to the public. For hours and directions see https://www.clevelandmetroparks.com/parks/visit/nature-visitor-centers
- The great majority of programs are free of charge.
- Kulture City Sensory bags with headphones and fidgets available to borrow with ID at all five of our nature centers.
- Wheelchair available to borrow with ID at all five nature centers.
- Assisted Listening devices with receiver and earpiece for use during programs (24-hour notice required).
- Sign language interpreter services available for programs (72-hour notice required).
- Program locations include at centers, in any of the Cleveland Metroparks Reservations, off site locations within Cuyahoga County and Hinckley Township and virtually.
- Custom programs for groups– please call the center of choice to make arrangements or visit https://www.clevelandmetroparks.com/parks/education/educational-programs for more information regarding natural and cultural history programs, contact us at 216-954-3405 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org
Outdoor Recreation Programs:
All Outdoor Recreation programs have been evaluated regarding accessibility and activity level. With our professionally trained staff and ability to make equipment adaptations, most programs are accessible to anyone who would like to participate. A complete list of Cleveland Metroparks programs can be found here. Reasonable accommodations can be made, and those requests are best made no later than 72 hours prior to the program. For further information regarding program accessibility, please contact Outdoor Recreation at 216.341.1704 or e-mail email@example.com. Program fees are based on group size and duration.
Custom and group programs are available for those desiring a more specialized accessible adventure. Program ideas available include:
General Outdoor Living Skills
- Fire building
- Camp Cooking
- Leave No Trace
- Mock camp set-up
Cleveland Metroparks recommends the following locations as the most accessible trails within its park district. All trails are paved and are flat or have minimal slopes (generally 5% grade or less). Trail amenities include accessible parking and restrooms.