Cleveland Lakefront Bikeway and Canal Basin Park Connectors
The Cleveland Lakefront Bikeway (CLB) extends 17 miles across the city of Cleveland. The CLB Connector links the Cleveland Foundation Centennial Lake Link Trail and the CLB. The Canal Basin Park Connector connects users from the northern terminus of the Towpath Trail at Canal Basin Park to the Cleveland Foundation Centennial Lake Link Trail. The trail also provides access to Heritage Park I on the east bank of the Flats and Heritage Park II on the west bank of the Flats.
These projects were two of five completed utilizing funds received from the US Department of Transportation's Transportation Investment Generating Economic Recovery (TIGER) grant program in 2016 to fill critical gaps in the active transportation network in the city of Cleveland.
All Purpose Trail Project
September 3, 2019
Sara Byrnes Maier, Principal Planner, 216-635-3289 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Cleveland Lakefront Bikeway: 0.19 miles, Canal Basin Park Connector: 0.35 miles
Schirmer Construction LLC
: Michael Baker International
- US DOT TIGER Grant Program
- Private Funds
- LAND Studio
- The Trust for Public Land
- 2021 National Association of County Park and Recreation Officials (NACPRO) Award for Trails and Corridors
- 2021 National Recreation and Park Association (NRPA) Award for Innovation and Social Equity
- 2021 Greater Cleveland Trails and Greenways Conference (GCTGC) Project Award