Thank you for your interest in visiting Cleveland Metroparks Zoo. Below is information on pricing, booking your reservation, and available resources and programming.
Admission Pricing - Schools and Groups
||Cuyahoga County Schools
||Non-Cuyahoga County Schools
||Youth Groups and Preschools
||Large Groups of 20+ People
||Organizations that Serve Individuals with Disabilities
|Students/Youth ages 12-17
|Students/Youth ages 2-11
|Youth under 2 years
|Minimum group size
||5 students + 1 teacher
||5 students + 1 teacher
||5 youth + 1 adult
||20 guests (ages 2+)
||5 people with disabilities + 1 staff
|Maximum group size
||Max 1:1 ratio between chaperone and individual with disability
||Public and private schools registered with the State Department of Education with a school designation.
||Pre-schools, day cares, faith-based youth groups, city recreation center summer camps, girl or boy scout troops, YMCA/YWCA youth camps, and any other for-profit or non-profit youth groups.
||Large groups wishing to visit the Zoo at a discounted rate.
||County board of developmental disability groups, community agencies/ specialized schools that serve people with physical or developmental disabilities, as well as nursing homes and similar adult care facilities.
To plan your visit and book your discount admission tickets SEE BELOW.
* Groups within Cuyahoga County and Hinckley Township of Medina County remain eligible for free Zoo admission on Mondays except on legal holidays that fall between Memorial Day and Labor Day. Admission on qualifying "Free Mondays" does not include The RainForest.
Information you will need to plan and book your group visit to Cleveland Metroparks Zoo
Planning your Visit
Booking your reservation
- Call 216-635-3391 or email 30 days in advance to book a visit.
- Admission to both the Zoo and The RainForest is included in your purchase with the exception of "Free Monday" reservations.
- A minimum ratio of one chaperone to every ten children is recommended.
- Final headcount, payment, and signed contracts are all due no later than 3 days prior to your visit.
- Pre-registered bookings are NON-REFUNDABLE and NON-TRANSFERABLE.
- Discount rates will be administered at the Box Office for additions made on the date of the visit as long as the group had an existing advanced reservation.
- If you need to cancel or reschedule your visit, please call 216-635-3391 at least 48 hours in advance. Reservations cannot be rescheduled on or after the date of visit.
- Planning on eating lunch at Zoo? SEE BELOW to learn more.
Make the most of your Zoo visit
Register for an Educational Program or utilize the many free resources available for grade levels pre-K to high school on our Online Resources Library.
Information that will be useful during your group visit to Cleveland Metroparks Zoo.
During Your Visit
- Check out the Mandel Welcome Pavilion inside the Zoo's main entrance to see which animals Cleveland Metroparks Zoo is committed to protecting in the wild.
- Explore the Zoo, stop and observe the animals and chat with one of the Zoo's many knowledgeable Zoo Ambassadors and interpreters located throughout the Zoo's wildlife areas.
- Tackle a scavenger hunt to learn more about wildlife.
- Learn more throughout the Zoo with KeyBank® ZooKeys.
- Check out the inquiry-driven educational kiosks at the Ben Gogolick Giraffe Encounter and in The RainForest at the orangutan habitat.
- Check out these seasonal experiences and attractions.
Actions you can take after your group visit to Cleveland Metroparks Zoo.
After Your Visit
- Research your favorite animals on the Online Resources Library.
- Visit futureforwildlife.org to see how you can join this conservation community.
- Share your Cleveland Metroparks Zoo experience on social media using #cmzooschool, #futureforwildlife, and @clemetzoo
Do you offer a bus or bus reimbursement?
- Limited bus vouchers are available for schools. Learn more about what is offered and eligibility requirements by visiting the Travel Vouchers page.
Where can I rent a wheelchair?
Where do we go upon arrival and where do we get our wristbands?
- The Zoo's Box Office is located in the Ticket Plaza between the main gate and The RainForest. If you have not registered for any programming, just check in at the Box Office to let a staff member know you have arrived, get your wristbands and then you are on your own to explore.
- Only the group leader should wait in line to pick up the wristbands at the "Registered Groups" window at the Box Office. Please have the rest of your group meet you in the Ticket Plaza. Bus drivers are free and can sign in at any cashier window for their ticket after showing ID (commercial driver's license).
- A staff member will not lead or escort your group. Your visit is your own and you are welcome to explore with your class or group at your leisure.
Will we be accompanied by a staff person on our field trip?
- No, but supplemental materials are offered on the Online Resource Library like scavenger hunts, career guides and lesson plans to help make your Zoo visit more meaningful.
- If you have registerd for a program like Vet Bags at the Sarah Allison Steffee Center for Zoological Medicine or Connections to Africa at African Elephant Crossing, you will be escorted or directed to those locations by a staff member or volunteer for your one hour self-guided program.
Do you offer programs led by Zoo Staff?
Do we have to do a program during our visit?
- No. If you would like to take advantage of one of the free programs you can do on your own with your class or group, check out the programs by grade page to see what can enhance your visit.
What does the Zoo look like? Is it easy to find the animals?
- Download a Zoo Map to see what the layout is and where you may find your favorite animals.
When is the best time to visit the Zoo?
- When possible, avoid the spring crowds on Thursdays and Fridays from late April through early-June. Plan school field experiences in the fall and winter months or early spring. Because fewer people are around, your Zoo experience will be more enjoyable and educational.
- Call as early as possible for school groups visiting Monday-Friday in the spring months. There is usally high call volume March through June and it may take a few days for staff to return reservation requests.
Who do I include in my head count?
- Include all students, staff and chaperones in your final head count. However, please note that if any of your teachers or chaperones have an active Cleveland Zoological Society membership you do not need to include them in the final head count as they will be able to gain entry to the Zoo by presenting their membership pass at the gate.
What are the Zoo and The RainForest hours?
- The Zoo is open every day from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Beginning the Saturday before Memorial Day through Labor Day, the Zoo stays open until 6 p.m. on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays.
- Cleveland Metroparks Zoo and The RainForest are open all year except January 1 and December 25.
- The main gate opens at 10 a.m. and the Box Office closes at 4 p.m. Plan on one to two hours to view The RainForest and two to three hours to visit the Zoo.
Where can I park? How much does it cost?
- Parking is FREE. Cleveland Metroparks Zoo is located at 3900 Wildlife Way. Buses park in the designated bus parking lot posted on the sign at the entrance.
What about lunch? ARe there restaurants on-site? Can we bring a picnic lunch?
- Check out our on-site Dining & Amenities page. Cleveland Metroparks Zoo offers a variety of dining options to meet everyone's needs.
- Picnic lunches may be eaten in the non-reserved shared spaces located inside the Zoo. To rent picnic facilities please call the Special Events Office at 216-635-3304 for pricing and availability. To organize a catered lunch for your school or group, please contact Aramark at 216-398-5750 or at ClevelandZooCatering@aramark.com.
What is the Tram? Are we allowed to use the Tram?
- The Zoo operates complimentary tram services. The Primate, Cat & Aquatics tram travels back and forth between stops at African Elephant Crossing and the Primate, Cat & Aquatics building. The Tiger Tram travels back and forth between stops at the Food Court and at the entry to Rosebrough Tiger Passage. Weather permitting.