Directions: Meet at Rocky River Nature Center
Ages: 14 & over with registered and participating adult
Terrain/Distance: Most of the class will be inside in a classroom
. It will end with a ½ mile hike to the river for demonstrations.
Now that you understand the basics of fly fishing, learn the specifics for catching Steelhead Trout. Jeff Liskay will teach you about the best rig for catching steelhead, various casting techniques, and how to read the water to find the best steelhead fishing locations. The class will start in the classroom and end with an on-water demonstration by Jeff.
Fishing license is not required for this class. Feel free to bring your own equipment if you would like Jeff to evaluate your casting techniques. Classes will begin promptly, so plan to arrive early. Please bring a completed waiver
and review the participant equipment list.
By registering, you acknowledge that you have read and understand the cancellation policy
General Essential Eligibility Requirements that all participants must meet. A participant….
- Program fees and deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable to another date/program unless Cleveland Metroparks finds it necessary to cancel a program. Participants assume risk of all changes in personal health and affairs.
- If Cleveland Metroparks cancels a program, the cancellation will be posted on the registration page for that program. For programs other than races, participants will also be notified by e-mail and/or phone.
- …must meet minimum age and pre-trip meeting requirements for each individual program.
- …must meet program fee requirements for each individual program.
- …must be able to remain adequately hydrated, fed, and properly dressed in order to avoid environmental injuries such as hypothermia, heat-related illnesses, sunburn, and frostbite.
- …must refrain from use of alcohol and tobacco before or during outdoor recreation activities and any illegal drugs throughout the duration of a program.
- …must be able, either alone or with the aid of a personal care attendant, or through arrangements outlined on the Request for Administration of Medication Form or an Individual Medication Plan to manage, administer and protect any prescription medications currently prescribed to him or her. All medications, including over-the-counter medications shall be listed as required on the Medical Information portion of the registration materials.
- …must be able, either alone, with the aid of an augmentative communication device, or a personal care attendant to follow directions and communicate needs.
- …must not exceed manufacturers’ maximum recommended weight limit for equipment being used.
- …must be able to manage personal mobility either alone, with a reasonable amount of assistance, with the aid of a personal care attendant, or with adaptive equipment.
- …must be able to independently wear and maintain wearing all safety equipment correctly.