Directions: Meet at CanalWay Center outside near the mountain bike trailhead sign.
Ages: 10 & over (Minors between the ages of 10 - 17 MUST have a registered and participating adult)
Fee: Free - Registration preferred, walk-ups permitted.
Includes: all equipment is provided
Terrain/Distance: Natural surface trails with some wooden bridges and hills around 2 miles.
Take the first step towards learning more about mountain biking from experienced riders who will be available to answer all your questions about mountain biking. We will have a display booth available where you can see different types of bikes, learn where to ride, have your bike maintenance questions answered, and even get the opportunity to take a bike out for a quick spin. A photo ID of at least one person in the group is required if you want to borrow a bike, and helmets are required and provided. Mountain bike trails are open based on trail conditions. If they are closed, you can ride a short paved all-purpose trail.
By registering, you acknowledge that you have read and understand the cancellation policy
General Essential Eligibility Requirements that all participants must meet for this program. A participant….
- …must meet minimum age and pre-trip meeting requirements for each individual program.
- …must meet program fee requirements for each individual program.
- …must be able to remain adequately hydrated, fed, and properly dressed in order to avoid environmental injuries such as hypothermia, heat-related illnesses, sunburn, and frostbite.
- …must refrain from use of alcohol and tobacco before or during outdoor recreation activities and any illegal drugs throughout the duration of a program.
- …must be able, either alone or with the aid of a personal care attendant, or through arrangements outlined on the Request for Administration of Medication Form or an Individual Medication Plan to manage, administer and protect any prescription medications currently prescribed to him or her. All medications, including over-the-counter medications shall be listed as required on the Medical Information portion of the registration materials.
- …must be able, either alone, with the aid of an augmentative communication device, or a personal care attendant to follow directions and communicate needs.
- …must not exceed manufacturers’ maximum recommended weight limit for equipment being used.
- …must be able to manage personal mobility either alone, with a reasonable amount of assistance, with the aid of a personal care attendant, or with adaptive equipment.
- …must be able to independently wear and maintain wearing all safety equipment correctly including but not limited to a helmet.