Directions: Meet in front of Top O’ Ledges Picnic Area
Ages: 14 & over (Minors between the ages of 14-17 MUST have a registered and participating adult)
Fee: $45 per person (All guests MUST register)
Terrain/Distance: Natural surface terrain with steep grades, exposed cliff edges, and rocks
Our professionally trained staff will help you experience the thrill of climbing on natural rock at Hinckley Reservation. Learn knots, climbing lingo, proper climbing techniques, and how to belay. The entire program will be spent outside; please dress appropriately for the weather. Dressing in non-cotton layers is encouraged. Reference the 3Ws of layering
for more information about how to dress. Classes will begin promptly, so plan to arrive early. Please bring a completed waiver
and review the participant equipment list.
By registering, you acknowledge that you have read and understand the cancellation policy
General Essential Eligibility Requirements that all participants must meet. A participant….
- Program fees and deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable to another date/program unless Cleveland Metroparks finds it necessary to cancel a program. Participants assume risk of all changes in personal health and affairs.
- If Cleveland Metroparks cancels a program, the cancellation will be posted on the registration page for that program. For programs other than races, participants will also be notified by e-mail and/or phone.
Learn-It: Rock Climbing Knots
- …must meet minimum age and pre-trip meeting requirements for each individual program.
- …must meet program fee requirements for each individual program.
- …must be able to remain adequately hydrated, fed, and properly dressed in order to avoid environmental injuries such as hypothermia, heat-related illnesses, sunburn, and frostbite.
- …must refrain from use of alcohol and tobacco before or during outdoor recreation activities and any illegal drugs throughout the duration of a program.
- …must be able, either alone or with the aid of a personal care attendant, or through arrangements outlined on the Request for Administration of Medication Form or an Individual Medication Plan to manage, administer and protect any prescription medications currently prescribed to him or her. All medications, including over-the-counter medications shall be listed as required on the Medical Information portion of the registration materials.
- …must be able, either alone, with the aid of an augmentative communication device, or a personal care attendant to follow directions and communicate needs.
- …must not exceed manufacturers’ maximum recommended weight limit for equipment being used.
- …must be able to manage personal mobility either alone, with a reasonable amount of assistance, with the aid of a personal care attendant, or with adaptive equipment.
- …must be able to independently wear and maintain wearing all safety equipment correctly.
- …must be able, either alone or with the aid of a personal care attendant or adaptive equipment to travel on sloped, natural surface trails with rocks and roots for varying distances to get to a climbing site void of amenities such as restroom facilities, water, etc.
- …must be able to independently wear and maintain wearing all safety equipment correctly including but not limited to helmet and harness.
- …must refrain from having any external devices other than required climbing safety equipment.
is also available on Wednesday, November 10, 2021, 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM. For more information or to register select this link