Directions: Meet near Acacia Picnic Area next to building at Acacia parking entrance
Ages: 8 & over (Minors between the ages of 8-17 MUST have a registered and participating adult)
Fee: $5 per person (All guests MUST register)
Terrain/Distance: less than 2 miles on paved All-Purpose Trails.
Enjoy the beauty of Cleveland Metroparks on this short nature hike while learning about and being guided through basic mindfulness practices. This inclusive experience is open to individuals of all abilities and is tailored to those with sensory processing sensitivity. If you have specific questions or would like to discuss your abilities, please call us prior to the program: 216-341-1704 (Monday-Friday).
The entire program will be spent outside; please dress appropriately for the weather. Reference the 3Ws of layering
for more information about how to dress. Classes will begin promptly, so plan to arrive early.
General Essential Eligibility Requirements that all participants must meet. A participant….
- …must meet minimum age and pre-trip meeting requirements for each individual program.
- …must meet program fee requirements for each individual program.
- …must be able to remain adequately hydrated, fed, and properly dressed in order to avoid environmental injuries such as hypothermia, heat-related illnesses, sunburn, and frostbite.
- …must refrain from use of alcohol and tobacco before or during outdoor recreation activities and any illegal drugs throughout the duration of a program.
- …must be able, either alone or with the aid of a personal care attendant, or through arrangements outlined on the Request for Administration of Medication Form or an Individual Medication Plan to manage, administer and protect any prescription medications currently prescribed to him or her. All medications, including over-the-counter medications shall be listed as required on the Medical Information portion of the registration materials.
- …must be able, either alone, with the aid of an augmentative communication device, or a personal care attendant to follow directions and communicate needs.
- …must not exceed manufacturers’ maximum recommended weight limit for equipment being used.
- …must be able to manage personal mobility either alone, with a reasonable amount of assistance, with the aid of a personal care attendant, or with adaptive equipment.
- …must be able to independently wear and maintain wearing all safety equipment correctly.
- …must be able, either alone or with the aid of a personal care attendant or adaptive equipment to travel at least 1 mile on varying terrain as well as be able to carry their own gear on backpacking trips.
By registering, you acknowledge that you have read and understand the cancellation policy