Inspire, Motivate, Explore, Go!
Cleveland Metroparks is committed to fostering the growth of an outdoor recreation culture in Northeast Ohio. Through a series of human-powered, natural-resource based programs, guests can learn how to become better stewards of the natural environment while enjoying the following activities:
Through active, hands-on activities, guests learn Leave No Trace principles, trail etiquette, and activity specific skills and techniques under the guidance of our highly skilled and certified recreation specialists. Programs range from one-hour, low commitment Try-It sessions where you have the opportunity to see if you like an activity to multi-night trips that prepare you with the skills, knowledge, and confidence to create your own adventure.
Don’t miss out on the latest programs that will prepare you for your next excursion. Sign-up for Outdoor Recreation’s monthly e-blast to learn more about available activities.
For the latest Outdoor Recreation programs, click here. Registration starts the 15th of every other month beginning with February, though programs are often posted at least two months in advance. Programs are also announced monthly in the Emerald Necklace newsletter.
Custom programs are available throughout the year, but fill quickly. To have the best chance of scheduling a custom program, submit your request around September of the preceding year but no later than one month before the desired program
Outdoor Recreation is thankful to have a large group of skilled volunteers assist with most programs while also sharing their passion of enjoying the outdoors with others. The most rewarding experience is when past participants become volunteers, continuing the cycle of creating more people passionate about adventure. Find out more about volunteering.
We embrace the opportunity to partner with community groups, businesses, shops, organizations, etc., as we continue to grow the outdoor recreation culture in the greater Cleveland area. If you are interested in working with us on events, programs, races, or just have another great idea on how we can work together, please contact us to discuss partnership opportunities. We would love to meet and get to know you.
Our passionate, motivated, and highly trained staff are eager to meet you. Our Outdoor Recreation staff have worked with thousands of guests over the years. In addition to being content experts in various disciplines and outdoor activities with certifications from multiple national organizations as noted below, they are great educators excited to teach you a new skill, encourage you to learn more, and motivate you to continue in your adventures.
- Program fees and deposits are not refundable or transferable unless Cleveland Metroparks finds it necessary to cancel a program. Participants assume risk of all changes in personal health and affairs.
- If Cleveland Metroparks cancels a program, the cancellation will be posted on the registration page for that program. For programs other than races, participants will also be notified by e-mail and/or phone.
To save time when you arrive at the program, please print a waiver (relating to your program area) and bring it to each program. If you are unable to print the waiver prior to the program, we will have them available at the program.
- Climbing Waiver (rock climbing, ice climbing, anchor building)
- Cycling Waiver (mountain biking, bike tours, handcycling)
- Fishing Waiver (fly fishing)
- Sailing Waiver (sailing)
- Terrain Waiver (land navigation, bicycle maintenance, campouts, yoga & hike, snoga, snowshoeing, cross-country skiing, backpacking, cooking)
- Watersports Waiver (kayaking, stand up paddleboarding, canoeing, paddlesports campouts)
- Medical Waiver (complete for all programs)
Please check the details on individual events for equipment lists.
Outdoor Recreation Equipment List
Contact Outdoor Recreation
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.