- Your work may not have been previously submitted in other competitions.
- To ensure a level field for all participants, no development may start before the actual date and time of the Hackathon on or after April 6, 2018. Any teams that violate this rule will be automatically disqualified. The first line of code should be written on or after start of the Hackathon, April 6, 2018. However, we encourage you to brainstorm ideas and create wireframes/mockups.
- You are permitted to use publicly developed APIs for your project.
- Teams are permitted to use free, open-source software products as part of their project development provided that any intellectual property developed during and within the scope of the Hackathon must be open source and licensed under one of the licenses referenced in https://opensource.org/licenses.
- All teams retain full ownership of their projects and intellectual property created during the hackathon.
- Judging criteria and other instructions will be shared at the kick-off meeting.
- Teams are limited to four people. Changes to team members are not permitted after April 6, 2018 at 5:00 PM. Exceptions can be made on a case by case basis as decided by Cleveland Metroparks.
- A team can submit only one entry for the Hackathon. Participation at the Hackathon is subjected on a “per-team” basis meaning you are not allowed to be on more than one team during the Hackathon.
Who can participate?
A wide range of participants are encouraged to register. This includes, but is not limited to, high school groups, college groups, ad-hoc groups, and individuals (who will be assigned to a team). Due to space requirements, all registration is on a first-come, first-serve basis.
What is required in the final proposal?
As part of the judging requirements, you will need the following:
- Provide a 1-page executive summary on your project.
- Present a 5-minute presentation on your project (preferably demonstrating solution).
- A prototype of your solution.
- Continuing project plan detailing what you would do if you had more time and/or resources to complete this project.
What do I need?
We will have food and drink and a wireless connection (wired connections will not be allowed). Please bring any of your technical equipment you may need (laptop, chargers, etc.). We will provide the projector for which you will present.
Full Terms and Conditions
Download Terms and Conditions