Climbing in Cleveland Metroparks is permitted only at Whipp's Ledges in Hinckley Reservation.
- Complete the form for name(s), home-mailing address, and phone number.
- Please have each person named on the permit sign the waiver form(s).
- To obtain a permit no fee is charged, but proof that you carry at least $300k of 'personal liability' insurance is required. This is usually an item found on your homeowners or renters insurance policy. Any family members covered by that insurance can be named on the permit. For a confirmed permit, you must send in a copy of the insurance certificate.
- Complete the Rock Climbing/Rappelling Application and send it in with the signed waiver and insurance required.
- Once processed, a confirmed permit will be returned to you to have with you whenever climbing at Whipp's Ledges. The permit is good for the calendar year.
- Review the Rock Climbing/Rappelling Procedures, Application, and the Conditions of Use before completing the form.
- Submit the Rock Climbing/Rappelling form to Special Events & Experiences by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, mail to 3900 Wildlife Way, Cleveland, OH 44109 or fax to 216.661.3312.
Download Permit Application (PDF)