Cleveland Metroparks provides visitors with the chance to experience history first-hand through historical interpretation. Each of our 18 reservations embrace both obvious and hidden treasures to past generations including American Indian artifacts, remnants of early pioneer lifestyles and turn-of-the-century structures.
Images of the past and stories of times long gone are brought to life through historical programs. History comes alive to participants of all ages through the exploration of artifacts, pictures and natural features. The programs blend the history of Cleveland Metroparks reservations with the cultural and natural history of Cleveland. A variety of historical programs can also be tailored for organizations and school groups.
Scheduling a Program
- Canalway Center: 216-206-1000
- North Chagrin Nature Center: 440-473-3370
- Brecksville Nature Center: 440-526-1012
- Rocky River Nature Center: 440-734-6660
- Evening and weekend presentations are offered
To schedule a program (June- October) on the Voyageur Canoe - highlighting the French fur trade on the Great Lakes. Call 440-526-1012.
Please have the following information ready when you call
- Program of choice
- Dates/times your group would like to schedule
- Length of program desired
- Group name, address, phone number, and contact person
- Indicate whether group will need a sound system
We request a minimum of 10 people per group.
Things to remember on the day of your program
- Please call if you are unable to keep your scheduled program
- Dress appropriately for outdoor programs
- Programs are offered which support Ohio's State Proficiency outcomes
- Programs can be conducted at your group’s location or at a Cleveland Metroparks facility
- Programs listed can be altered to meet individual group's needs
- Special programs can be arranged on a specific topic if adequate time is allowed in advance