Is a great time to go outside and see what is blooming! Each week new flowers will start popping out of the ground. Take your little ones out-side to see what flowers are growing in your yard, and then head inside to create this upcycled flower craft using egg cartons and your finger-tips.
1. This craft is best for preschool—elementary aged children.
2. You can use any type of paint you have at home; however, tempera paint is best for younger children.
3. Any type of egg carton will work for this craft.
- Paper (Construction, Cardstock, etc.)
- Paint (Tempera or Acrylic)
- A paper plate or paint palette (to put paint on)
- An old egg carton
- Cut the egg carton. You want to cut it so that each space that holds an egg is separated.
- Pour the paint onto the paper plate or palette. Dip one of the separated egg carton pieces into the paint, so the bottom of it becomes coated.
- Stamp the egg carton onto your paper. When you lift it up, it will leave some of the paint behind. Do this many times, all over the paper, in different colors.
- Use your fingers to finish the painting. You can make petals around each dot you made. You can also make leaves for your flowers!