Get the Inside Tracks on a behind the scenes experience at Cleveland Metroparks Zoo. Join zoo staff for a unique 90-minute program that includes fun-filled facts about animal care, behavior and conservation. Inside Tracks offers the opportunity to explore four separate areas to see how the zoo takes care of the animals. Some featured experiences may include training sessions and get close opportunities with animals, and a look at animal holding areas. Various areas will rotate with animal availability and weather. This is a fun and educational experience you don’t want to miss!
If you are planning to add Inside Tracks to your zoo visit, please be sure to wear closed toe shoes.
Dates & Time
Tours are available year-round on most Tuesdays through Sundays with some exceptions for holidays and special events.
We offer one tour time slot per day that currently occurs from 9:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. You must register in advance either online or by calling Conservation Education reservation staff at 216-635-3391.
Current Tour Areas*
- Koala back area tour
- Grizzly bear training session
- Indian crested porcupine
- Wallaby interaction
*Although it does not happen often, some scheduled locations may be substituted by zoo staff with little notice as animal health and area concerns dictate.
Beginning January 2, 2018, tours are $60 per person.
- Minimum age is 5 to participate.
- Programs must be booked online or by phone (216-635-3391) at least 7 days prior to the day of your visit to reserve spaces.
- Late fall and early spring tour availability is five guests per day in a heated van to travel between areas. The capacity for the summer and early fall tours will increase to 7 guests.
- Closed toed shoes are required due to the nature of the experience.