Safe Practices When Visiting Cleveland Metroparks During Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Cleveland Metroparks continues to follow the best guidelines from the CDC, State of Ohio and public health officials to institute precautionary measures to help prevent the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19). On March 22, Governor DeWine issued an order deeming outdoor activities such as Cleveland Metroparks as an essential service to the public during this time.
Cleveland Metroparks 18 reservations
remain open. Cleveland Metroparks golf courses
are operating on a limited schedule from 7 a.m. - 8 p.m. (weather permitting). Cleveland Metroparks marinas are open.
All guests should follow safe practices when visiting the parks:
- Think first: do not use the parks or trails if you are exhibiting symptoms.
- Follow best hygiene practices recommended by the CDC including washing hands frequently.
- Practice social distancing: provide other park users with proper space of at least six feet at all times during your visit.
- Prepare for your trip: be prepared for limited access to public restrooms and water fountains that may be closed for your safety.
- Share the trail: share the trail and warn others as you pass.
- Avoid playgrounds: all playgrounds and outdoor fitness stations are closed for safety.
- “Pack in, pack out”: bring a suitable trash bag for any disposable items you may have. Leaving no trash behind helps protect employees.
- Cleveland Metroparks encourages people to wear a mask or facial covering in the parks but it is not required.
List of closures:
- Cleveland Metroparks Zoo
- All Nature Centers & Nature Shops: Brecksville Nature Center, Brecksville Trailside Program Center, Canalway Center, North Chagrin Nature Center, Rocky River Nature Center and Watershed Stewardship Center
- Merwin's Wharf
- Rental facilities
- Ledge Pool will remain closed for the 2020 season; The Park District will be issuing refunds on Ledge Pool season passes and swimming lessons for the 2020 season
- Piers: Euclid Beach, Edgewater, Villa Angela
- Golf driving ranges and practice greens
- eLCee2 Water Taxi
- Go Ape Treetop Adventure
For additional park impacts, visit Alerts and Closures
All Cleveland Metroparks and Cleveland Metroparks Zoo upcoming events, rentals and programs are cancelled until further notice. Cleveland Metroparks rental facilities including the backcountry sites will remain closed through September 2020. Due to the high volume of rentals, guests with a rental scheduled between now and September 30, 2020 will be contacted directly as soon as possible to reschedule their event or receive a full refund.
The following programs have been cancelled for 2020 due to mandatory safety measures in place to prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Edgewater LIVE
- Euclid Beach LIVE
- Zoo, Golf and Nature Summer camps
- Music concert series
- Outdoor Experiences programs
- Junior golf programs
- Nature Preschool