Safe Practices When Visiting Cleveland Metroparks During Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Cleveland Metroparks continues to follow the best guidelines from the CDC, State of Ohio and public health officials to institute precautionary measures to help prevent the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19).
Cleveland Metroparks 18 reservations
and Cleveland Metroparks Zoo are open. Cleveland Metroparks golf courses
are open daily, weather permitting. Cleveland Metroparks marinas are open. Hinckley Lake Boathouse and Store is offering rentals 7 days a week.
All guests should follow safe practices when visiting the parks:
- Think first: do not use the parks or trails if you are exhibiting symptoms.
- Follow best hygiene practices recommended by the CDC including washing hands frequently.
- Practice social distancing: provide other park users with proper space of at least six feet at all times during your visit.
- Prepare for your trip: be prepared for limited access to public restrooms and water fountains that may be closed for your safety.
- Share the trail: share the trail and warn others as you pass.
- Avoid playgrounds: all playgrounds and outdoor fitness stations are closed for safety.
- “Pack in, pack out”: bring a suitable trash bag for any disposable items you may have. Leaving no trash behind helps protect employees.
- Cleveland Metroparks encourages people to wear a mask or facial covering in the parks but it is not required. Click here for Cleveland Metroparks Zoo mask policy.
List of closures:
- All Nature Centers & Nature Shops: Brecksville Nature Center, Brecksville Trailside Program Center, Canalway Center, Edgewater Nature Shop, North Chagrin Nature Center, Rocky River Nature Center and Watershed Stewardship Center
- Ledge Pool will remain closed for the 2020 season
- Edgewater and Euclid Beach piers
- eLCee2 Water Taxi
- Go Ape Treetop Adventure
For additional park impacts, visit Alerts and Closures
Due to COVID-19, rental facilities are limited. Cleveland Metroparks event team is available to help plan future events at 216-635-3304. Backcountry site rentals are unavailable at this time.
The following programs have been cancelled for 2020 due to mandatory safety measures in place to prevent the spread of COVID-19:
Outdoor education and recreation programs have returned
- Edgewater LIVE
- Euclid Beach LIVE
- Zoo, Golf and Nature Summer camps
- Music concert series
- Junior golf programs
Park naturalists and recreation specialists will lead a variety of outdoor activities across the Park District to offer guests a way to stay active and explore the Emerald Necklace. Visit clevelandmetroparks.com/oe
for more information.
Continue virtual learning with Cleveland Metroparks
Cleveland Metroparks will continue to offer virtual nature learning with its “Ask a Naturalist” series on Facebook
Live every Friday at 1 p.m. for those unable to participate during in-person programming.