Safe Practices When Visiting Cleveland Metroparks During Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Cleveland Metroparks continues to follow the best guidelines from the CDC, State of Ohio and public health officials to institute precautionary measures to help prevent the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19).
Cleveland Metroparks 18 reservations
and Cleveland Metroparks Zoo are open. Cleveland Metroparks golf courses
are open daily, weather permitting.
All guests should follow safe practices when visiting the parks:
- Think first: do not use the parks or trails if you are exhibiting symptoms.
- Follow best hygiene practices recommended by the CDC including washing hands frequently.
- Practice social distancing: provide other park users with proper space of at least six feet at all times during your visit.
- Prepare for your trip: be prepared for limited access to public restrooms and water fountains that may be closed for your safety.
- Share the trail: share the trail and warn others as you pass.
- Avoid playgrounds: all playgrounds and outdoor fitness stations are closed for safety.
- “Pack in, pack out”: bring a suitable trash bag for any disposable items you may have. Leaving no trash behind helps protect employees.
- Cleveland Metroparks encourages people to wear a mask or facial covering in the parks but it is not required. Click here for Cleveland Metroparks Zoo mask policy.
List of closures:
- All Nature Centers & Nature Shops: Brecksville Nature Center, Brecksville Trailside Program Center, Canalway Center, Edgewater Nature Shop, North Chagrin Nature Center, Rocky River Nature Center and Watershed Stewardship Center
- Ledge Pool will remain closed for the 2020 season
- Edgewater and Euclid Beach piers
- eLCee2 Water Taxi
- Go Ape Treetop Adventure
For additional park impacts, visit Alerts and Closures
Due to COVID-19, rental facilities are limited. Cleveland Metroparks event team is available to help plan future events at 216-635-3304. Backcountry site rentals are unavailable at this time.
The following programs have been cancelled for 2020 due to mandatory safety measures in place to prevent the spread of COVID-19:
Outdoor education and recreation programs have returned
- Edgewater LIVE
- Euclid Beach LIVE
- Zoo, Golf and Nature Summer camps
- Music concert series
- Junior golf programs
Park naturalists and recreation specialists will lead a variety of outdoor activities across the Park District to offer guests a way to stay active and explore the Emerald Necklace. Visit clevelandmetroparks.com/oe
for more information.