Safe Practices When Visiting Cleveland Metroparks During Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Cleveland Metroparks continues to follow the best guidelines from the CDC, State of Ohio and public health officials to institute precautionary measures to help prevent the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19). On March 22, Governor DeWine issued an order deeming outdoor activities such as Cleveland Metroparks as an essential service to the public during this time.
Cleveland Metroparks 18 reservations
remain open. Cleveland Metroparks golf courses
are operating on a limited schedule from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily, weather permitting. Little Met and Mastick Woods Golf Courses are closed until further notice.
All guests should follow safe practices when visiting the parks:
- Think first: do not use the parks or trails if you are exhibiting symptoms.
- Follow best hygiene practices recommended by the CDC including washing hands frequently.
- Practice social distancing: provide other park users with proper space of at least six feet at all times during your visit.
- Prepare for your trip: be prepared for limited access to public restrooms and water fountains that may be closed for your safety.
- Share the trail: share the trail and warn others as you pass.
- Avoid playgrounds: all playgrounds and outdoor fitness stations are closed for safety.
- “Pack in, pack out”: bring a suitable trash bag for any disposable items you may have. Leaving no trash behind helps protect employees.
Cleveland Metroparks Zoo and all indoor public facilities remain closed until further notice.
For additional park impacts, visit Alerts and Closures
List of closed facilities:
- Cleveland Metroparks Zoo.
- All Nature Centers & Nature Shops: Brecksville Nature Center, Canalway Center, North Chagrin Nature Center, Rocky River Nature Center, Watershed Stewardship Center and Hinckley Lake Boathouse & Store.
- Merwin’s Wharf.
All Cleveland Metroparks and Cleveland Metroparks Zoo upcoming events and programs are canceled until further notice including:
- Fish Fry events at Merwin’s Wharf
- Party for the Planet
The Big Met Fish Fry will have two curbside pick-up locations – Big Met
and Emerald Necklace Marina
. Quantities are limited, call 440-331-1070 to place your order. The Fish Fry is April 3 and April 10 from 3 p.m. – 9 p.m. Click to view the menu
Tune into Cleveland Metroparks Virtual Classrooms
Cleveland Metroparks and Cleveland Metroparks Zoo Virtual Classroom sponsored by Raising Cane’s airs three time each weekday on Facebook Live. At 11 a.m. join our biologists as we secure a future for wildlife at the Zoo. At 1 p.m. join our naturalists as we look for signs of spring, discover wildlife and more. At 3:30 p.m. learn how to plan for your next outdoor adventure including tips on cycling, water sports and park exploration. Visit clevelandmetroparks.com/virtualclassroom
for more information.