Snowshoeing is permitted on hiking, bridle, and all purpose trails (that have not been plowed), as well as the fairways and rough areas of Big Met, Little Met, Shawnee Hills, Seneca, Mastick Woods and Sleepy Hollow golf courses with a four-inch snow base.
Snowshoers are asked not to walk on the groomed cross-country marked courses at Big Met and Seneca golf courses. It is also proper etiquette to refrain from walking on cross-country ski tracks as well as to yield to horses.
Snowshoes can be rented from the following locations when there is at least a four-inch snow base. Please call for pricing and availability:
- Big Met Golf Course: 440.331.1070
- North Chagrin Nature Center: 440.473.3370
- Hinckley Lake Boathouse & Store 330.278.2160
Cross-country skiing is permitted on hiking, bridle, and all purpose trails (that have not been plowed) as well as the fairways and rough areas of Big Met, Little Met, Shawnee Hills, Seneca, Mastick Woods and Sleepy Hollow golf courses with a four-inch snow base.
For cross-country ski conditions call 216-635-3270, 24-hours-a-day, 7 days a week.
Big Met Ski Rental Rates
Cross-country ski rentals are available at Big Met Golf Course in Rocky River Reservation when there is a four-inch snow base. For hours call, 440-331-1070.
||Weekday $10/first hour
Weekend $12/first hour
| Junior Skis
(12 and under)
|Weekday $7/first hour
Weekend $8/first hour
||Weekday $8/first hour
Weekend $10/first hour
| Junior Snowshoes
(12 & under)
|Weekday $5/first hour
Weekend $6/first hour
Skiers are reminded to practice these common sense rules:
- Before skiing, check the equipment for cracks or other faults that could weaken skis, poles or boots
- Ski within ability and skill, in terms of distance and speed
- Ski on the right side of the trail and pass other skiers with caution
- Keep poles close to body
- Downhill skiers always have the right of way
- Please step off the track or leave the trail when stopping or if it is busy
- Obey all Park District regulations and trail markings
- Skiers are asked not to ski on the tees or greens and to use the groomed and marked courses on the golf courses.
Impromptu Program Notification