10/8/18 - we are utilizing the rain date and this event is on October 13th. Online registration is back open and will close on October 10th at 12 p.m.
10/5/2018 - we are postponing this race and will utilize the rain date of October 13th due to deteriorating trail conditions and the forecasted rain for tomorrow. Let's hope for a nice fall day next Saturday! Registration for the rain date of October 13th will re-open Monday, October 8th at 9:30 a.m.
Get ready for the 3rd
annual trail run and mountain bike race in Cleveland Metroparks benefiting the Trails Fund and in partnership with Second Sole and Spin Bike Shop.
Race as an individual or a two-person relay. Enjoy a difficult 4.25-mile trail run before transitioning to the 6-mile mountain bike leg on natural surface singletrack. An advanced course option is available for individual male and individual female categories only. The advanced course will be the same route as above with 2 laps on the mountain bike leg totaling 12 miles of mountain biking after the 4.25 mile trail run. Gather afterwards for awards, lunch, and drinks.
Race Distance and Categories
- Beginner – 4.25 mile run followed by a 6 mile mountain bike
- Advanced – 4.25 mile run followed by a 12 mile mountain bike (2 bike laps)
- 2 Person Relay – follows the beginner course but one person runs and then one rides
There is no advanced two person relay for 2018.
Individual: $30 (includes lunch)
2 Person Relay: $40 (includes lunch for both)
After September 15, Individual: $40, 2-Person Relay: $50
Day of registration available.
Age: 14 and over with participating adult
- The route starts and finishing near the pavilion at Royalview. The course will utilize portions of the red trail and all of the yellow trail. Route specifics will be updated closer to the race, so check back often.
10:00 a.m. Registration and Packet Pick-up
11:00 a.m. Race start
11:30 a.m. Food and Drinks available
1:00 p.m. Awards and Celebration
- Weather dependent; rain date October 13. Refunds will not be given if the rain date is utilized, so check your calendars. Helmets are required for the mountain bike portion of the race.
- Please review and turn in a completed waiver at registration the day of the event.
- The advanced course doubles the mountain bike mileage from 6 miles to 12 miles after the 4.25 mile trail run.
Awards and Results
- Individual Male – top 3 awarded
- Individual Female – top 3 awarded
- Individual Male (Advanced Course) – top 3 awarded
- Individual Female (Advanced Course) – top 3 awarded
- Male/Male Team – top 3 awarded
- Female/Male Team – top 3 awarded
- Female/Female Team – top 3 awarded
View last year’s results
By registering, you acknowledge that you have read and understand the cancellation policy
- Program fees and deposits are not refundable or transferable unless Cleveland Metroparks finds it necessary to cancel a program. Participants assume risk of all changes in personal health and affairs.
- If Cleveland Metroparks cancels a program, the cancellation will be posted on the registration page for that program. For programs other than races, participants will also be notified by e-mail and/or phone.
General Essential Eligibility Criteria that all participants must meet for this program. A participant….
- …must meet minimum age and pre-trip meeting requirements for each individual program.
- …must meet program fee requirements for each individual program.
- …must be able to remain adequately hydrated, fed, and properly dressed in order to avoid environmental injuries such as hypothermia, heat-related illnesses, sunburn, and frostbite.
- …must refrain from use of alcohol and tobacco before or during outdoor recreation activities and any illegal drugs throughout the duration of a program.
- …must be able, either alone or with the aid of a personal care attendant, to manage, administer and protect any prescription medications currently prescribed to him or her. All medications, including over-the-counter medications shall be declared in medical history section of the registration form.
- …must be able, either alone, with the aid of an augmentative communication device, or a personal care attendant to follow directions and communicate needs.
- …must not exceed manufacturers’ maximum recommended weight limit for equipment being used.
Cleveland Metroparks staff can adapt many programs to be accessible to anyone who would
like to participate assuming they meet the essential eligibility criteria. Reasonable
accommodation can also be made. Please make a request at the time of registration but
no later than 72 business hours prior to the program. Contact us at
or at these telephone numbers.