Weather dependent: alternate date is February 10. The alternate date will be utilized if we cannot utilize the singletrack on January 27. The decision to use the alternate date will be made by January 24th, and e-mails sent to registered racers as well as be posted online. Refunds will NOT be issued if the alternate date is used, so make sure you are available for both dates before you register. If the alternate date of February 10 is utilized, the race will happen on one of two courses regardless of trail conditions. An alternate double-track trail will be used if the singletrack is too wet/unfrozen. The Fat Bike Race and Celebration will happen on one of these dates this year unless there is a safety concern: active rain or miserable, non-winter conditions. Helmets required. Check this website for updates.
Registration opens December 15 at 8:30 a.m. Online registration closes February 9th at noon. Day of registration available, if not sold out, but does not guarantee lunch.
8:15 Registration and check-in at Shawnee Hills Golf Course Clubhouse
8:45 75 Minute Registration/Check-in closes
9:00 75 Minute races start
10:00 45 Minute Registration/Check-in closes
10:30 45 Minute race start
11:15 Lunch, drink sales, and fat bike try-its
2:00 Food and drink sales closes, test rides over, pack up and see you next year!
- Individual – 45 minute (male and female categories)
- Individual – 75 minute (male and female categories)
- 2-Person Team Relay – 75 Minute (Male/Male, Female/Male, Female/Female)
You can register as an individual or as a two-person relay team. Individuals will race as many laps as they can in the set amount of time. As long as you start your last lap prior to the cut-off time, the lap counts. Relay teams will race as many laps as they can with only one rider racing at a time, allowing your relay partner time to catch their breath or warm up. Individuals and relay teams with the most laps completed in the fastest times will be awarded the winner.
The cost is the same regardless of race duration chosen.
Individuals: $25 (includes lunch)
2 Person Relay: $40 (includes lunch for both)
After January 7: Individuals: $30; 2-person Relay: $45
2018 Route: We'll be starting on the golf course with a le-mans start, and then weave our way around the golf course before entering into Bedford Singletrack. Hit the all purpose trail for a short ride and then back into the woods before you pop back out on the golf course and complete your lap in front of the clubhouse.
Please, no pre-riding the course once it is announced until race day.
Fat Bike Rentals
- Bike rentals are available for the race portion of the event through various shops who will be onsite during the event. Please contact them directly for specific bike models and to make arrangements and payment. If you rent a bike for the race please return it to the shops booth at the race immediately after you are done racing so other interested attendees can check it out for the Try-it portion of the event.
- Broadway Cyclery – 440-735-2453
- Century Cycles – 330-657-2209
- Eddy’s Bike Shop – 330-688-5521
- Spin Bike Shop – 216-521-7746
- Only bikes with both tires over 3.7” will be allowed.
- Relay racers must race a minimum of one lap each.
- Riders must give overtaking riders the opportunity to pass.
- Helmets must be worn when riding.
- Once you start a lap, you must finish it in order for it to count.
- All routes are self-supported. One water station will be available.
- All pre-registered riders will receive a lunch.
- Waivers will need to be filled out and signed on race day.
- Racers will be permitted to pre-ride the course on race day from 7:45 a.m. – 8:45 a.m.
- Each lap loops near the clubhouse, so you can warm up if you are part of relay team.
- No spectators or non-racers on the course until all racers are off course.
-Top three 45 minute male
-Top three 45 minute female
-Top three 75 minute male
-Top three 75 minute female
-Top three team, male/male
-Top three team, male/female
-Top three team, female/female
By registering, you acknowledge that you have read and understand the cancellation policy
- Program fees and deposits are not refundable or transferable unless Cleveland Metroparks finds it necessary to cancel a program. Participants assume risk of all changes in personal health and affairs.
- If Cleveland Metroparks cancels a program, the cancellation will be posted on the registration page for that program. For programs other than races, participants will also be notified by e-mail and/or phone.