Ages: 14 years & over with participating adult
Prerequisite: Climbing: Anchor Building 1 or previous climbing experience.
Start where we left off in Anchor Building 1 by putting basic anchor building concepts into practice using natural anchors. The course will review knot tying and anchor principles previously taught followed by hands-on practice and critique in a natural top rope setting. If time and weather allow, we’ll finish with some climbing. Please dress for the weather as this course will be taught outside. All equipment will be provided. Please bring a completed waiver
and review the participant equipment list.
Registration starts February 15. $5 Late fee applies after April 6.
By registering, you acknowledge that you have read and understand the cancellation policy
- Program fees and deposits are not refundable or transferable unless Cleveland Metroparks finds it necessary to cancel a program. Participants assume risk of all changes in personal health and affairs.
- If Cleveland Metroparks cancels a program, the cancellation will be posted on the registration page for that program. For programs other than races, participants will also be notified by e-mail and/or phone.
General Essential Eligibility Criteria that all participants must meet. A participant….
• …must meet minimum age and pre-trip meeting requirements for each individual program.
• …must meet program fee requirements for each individual program.
• …must be able to remain adequately hydrated, fed, and properly dressed in order to avoid environmental injuries such as hypothermia, heat-related illnesses, sunburn, and frostbite.
• …must refrain from use of alcohol and tobacco before or during outdoor recreation activities and any illegal drugs throughout the duration of a program.
• …must be able, either alone or with the aid of a personal care attendant, to manage, administer and protect any prescription medications currently prescribed to him or her. All medications, including over-the-counter medications shall be declared in medical history section of the registration form.
• …must be able, either alone, with the aid of an augmentative communication device, or a personal care attendant to follow directions and communicate needs.
• …must not exceed manufacturers’ maximum recommended weight limit for equipment being used.
• …must be able to manage personal mobility either alone, with a reasonable amount of assistance, with the aid of a personal care attendant, or with adaptive equipment.
• …must be able to independently wear and maintain wearing all safety equipment correctly.
• …must be able, either alone or with the aid of a personal care attendant or adaptive equipment to travel on sloped, natural surface trails with rocks and roots for varying distances to get to a climbing site void of amenities such as restroom facilities, water, etc.
• …must be able to independently wear and maintain wearing all safety equipment correctly including but not limited to helmet and harness.
• …must refrain from having any external devices other than required climbing safety equipment.