This course is to train instructor candidates to teach aquatics courses including, basic-level Lifeguarding, Waterfront Lifeguarding, Waterpark Lifeguarding, Shallow Water Attendant, Lifeguard management, CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer, Administering Emergency Oxygen, Bloodborne Pathogens Training, and Basic Water Rescue.
• Must be at least 17 years old on or before last day of course
• Possess a current American Red Cross Lifeguarding/First Aid certificate or have successfully completed an accepted Lifeguarding course within the last four years
• Successfully pass pre-course written examination and evaluation of skills demonstrated through scenarios.
Location: Tuesdays at Cleveland Metroparks Park Operations and
Thursdays at Lakewood High School Pool, 14100 Franklin Boulevard, Lakewood, OH
Time: 4:00 pm - 7:00pm
Registration deadline one week prior to start of class.
For more information, call 440-331-8111.
- By registering, you acknowledge that you have read and understand the cancellation policy:
- Program fees and deposits are not refundable or transferable unless Cleveland Metroparks finds it necessary to cancel a program. Participants assume risk of all changes in personal health and affairs.
- If Cleveland Metroparks cancels a program, the cancellation will be posted on the registration page for that program. For programs other than races, participants will also be notified by e-mail and/or phone.
- With our professionally trained staff and ability to make equipment adaptations, most programs are accessible to anyone who would like to participate assuming they meet the essential eligibility criteria. If you need an accommodation, please make a request two weeks before but no later than 72 hours prior to the program, activity, or event.
Cleveland Metroparks staff can adapt many programs to be accessible to anyone who would
like to participate assuming they meet the essential eligibility criteria. Reasonable
accommodation can also be made. Please make a request at the time of registration but
no later than 72 business hours prior to the program. Contact us at
or at these telephone numbers.