Gives youths, ages 11 - 15, an opportunity to jump start into a lifeguarding job. The workshop provides a foundation of aquatic and leadership knowledge, attitudes and skills.
• Swim the front crawl for 25 yards continuously while breathing to the front or side.
• Tread water for 1 minute using arms and legs.
• Submerge and swim a distance of 10 feet underwater.
Cost includes materials and certificate. Please bring a lunch.
Registration deadline is three days prior to start of class.
Ledge Pool Season Pass holders call for reduced rate.
For more information, call 440-331-8111
- By registering, you acknowledge that you have read and understand the cancellation policy:
- Program fees and deposits are not refundable or transferable unless Cleveland Metroparks finds it necessary to cancel a program. Participants assume risk of all changes in personal health and affairs.
- If Cleveland Metroparks cancels a program, the cancellation will be posted on the registration page for that program. For programs other than races, participants will also be notified by e-mail and/or phone.
- With our professionally trained staff and ability to make equipment adaptations, most programs are accessible to anyone who would like to participate assuming they meet the essential eligibility criteria. If you need an accommodation, please make a request two weeks before but no later than 72 hours prior to the program, activity, or event.
Cleveland Metroparks staff can adapt many programs to be accessible to anyone who would
like to participate assuming they meet the essential eligibility criteria. Reasonable
accommodation can also be made. Please make a request at the time of registration but
no later than 72 business hours prior to the program. Contact us at
or at these telephone numbers.