Ages: 14 years & over with participating adult
Fee: $75 (includes basic fly kit: 6 flies & leader)
Discover the tranquility of fly fishing in the Rocky River under the guidance of Jeff Liskay. Learn advanced steelhead fly fishing techniques including casting as you travel the river looking for the best fishing locations. The focus of the class will be on learning techniques rather than catching a lot of fish. Hopefully, you’ll be able to tell your own fish story afterwards though! Fishing license required; must be purchased prior to class.
Participants are highly encouraged to bring their own gear including rod, reel, waders, etc. A rod and reel can be provided if you request you need it (note it in the comments or call the office: 216-341-1704). Waders will not be provided. Participants are highly encouraged to bring their own as you will be required to walk through up to knee deep water. Bring a packed lunch. Prerequisite: Fly Fishing 1 & 2 and/or working knowledge of fly casting. $5 late fee after October 15.
General Essential Eligibility Requirements that all participants must meet. A participant….
- By registering, you acknowledge that you have read and understand the cancellation policy:
- Program fees and deposits are not refundable or transferable unless Cleveland Metroparks finds it necessary to cancel a program. Participants assume risk of all changes in personal health and affairs.
- If Cleveland Metroparks cancels a program, the cancellation will be posted on the registration page for that program. For programs other than races, participants will also be notified by e-mail and/or phone.
- With our professionally trained staff and ability to make equipment adaptations, most programs are accessible to anyone who would like to participate assuming they meet the essential eligibility criteria. Please make a request at the time of registration but no later than 5 business days prior to the program. Contact us at email@example.com or 216-341-1704.
- …must meet minimum age and pre-trip meeting requirements for each individual program.
- …must meet program fee requirements for each individual program.
- …must be able to remain adequately hydrated, fed, and properly dressed in order to avoid environmental injuries such as hypothermia, heat-related illnesses, sunburn, and frostbite.
- …must refrain from use of alcohol and tobacco before or during outdoor recreation activities and any illegal drugs throughout the duration of a program.
- …must be able, either alone or with the aid of a personal care attendant, to manage, administer and protect any prescription medications currently prescribed to him or her. All medications, including over-the-counter medications shall be declared in medical history section of the registration form.
- …must be able, either alone, with the aid of an augmentative communication device, or a personal care attendant to follow directions and communicate needs.
- …must not exceed manufacturers’ maximum recommended weight limit for equipment being used.
- …must be able to manage personal mobility either alone, with a reasonable amount of assistance, with the aid of a personal care attendant, or with adaptive equipment.
- …must be able to independently wear and maintain wearing all safety equipment correctly.