- Participants must register online by August 29, 2017.
- Participants must attend the mandatory pre-trip meeting on August 29, 2017, 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. at CanalWay Center, Ohio & Erie Canal Reservation, 4524 E.49th Street, Cuyahoga Heights, OH 44125.
- Participants must be 14 & over with a participating adult.
- Participants must complete and bring the event waiver to the pre-trip meeting.
Registration Opens: June 15, 2017. $140 after August 14.
Length: 3 days and 2 nights
Dates: September 8, 2017, 1:00 p.m. - September 10, 2017, 7:00 pm. in the Allegheny National Forest, PA.
Location: Allegheny National Forest, PA.
Trip does not include:
- Trip Leaders
- Pre-trip meetings to prepare you for your trip
- OR gear, as needed
- Transportation to and from Minister Creek, Allegheny National Forest, PA.
- Food (Snacks and Meals)
- Personal Gear (clothing, boots, toiletries, etc.)
Additional details and information will be provided at the pre-trip meeting on August 29, 2017, at CanalWay Center.
By registering, you acknowledge that you have read and understand the cancellation policy:
- Program fees and deposits are not refundable or transferable unless Cleveland Metroparks finds it necessary to cancel a program. Participants assume risk of all changes in personal health and affairs.
- If Cleveland Metroparks cancels a program, the cancellation will be posted on the registration page for that program. For programs other than races, participants will also be notified by e-mail and/or phone.
With our professionally trained staff and ability to make equipment adaptations, most programs are accessible to anyone who would like to participate assuming they meet the essential eligibility criteria.
Please make a request at the time of registration but no later than 5 business days prior to the program. Contact us at email@example.com or 216-341-1704.
General Essential Eligibility Requirements that all participants must meet. A participant….
- …must meet minimum age and pre-trip meeting requirements for each individual program.
- …must meet program fee requirements for each individual program.
- …must be able to remain adequately hydrated, fed, and properly dressed in order to avoid environmental injuries such as hypothermia, heat-related illnesses, sunburn, and frostbite.
- …must refrain from use of alcohol and tobacco before or during outdoor recreation activities and any illegal drugs throughout the duration of a program.
- …must be able, either alone or with the aid of a personal care attendant, to manage, administer and protect any prescription medications currently prescribed to him or her. All medications, including over-the-counter medications shall be declared in medical history section of the registration form.
- …must be able, either alone, with the aid of an augmentative communication device, or a personal care attendant to follow directions and communicate needs.
- …must not exceed manufacturers’ maximum recommended weight limit for equipment being used.
- …must be able to manage personal mobility either alone, with a reasonable amount of assistance, with the aid of a personal care attendant, or with adaptive equipment.
- …must be able to independently wear and maintain wearing all safety equipment correctly.
- …must be able, either alone or with the aid of a personal care attendant or adaptive equipment to travel at least 1 mile on varying terrain as well as be able to carry their own gear on backpacking trips.
- …must be able to, for backcountry programs only, travel in a physically demanding, remote backcountry environment for the uninterrupted period of the trip length, which can range from one to ten days with varying temperatures and environmental conditions including but not limited to, rain snow, hail, sun, and wind. The remoteness is such that cell signal may be unavailable, and it may require at minimum an hour, but perhaps in excess of 2 days travel to reach the nearest road and advanced medical care; participant assumes all costs associated with rescue.
Cleveland Metroparks staff can adapt many programs to be accessible to anyone who would
like to participate assuming they meet the essential eligibility criteria. Reasonable
accommodation can also be made. Please make a request at the time of registration but
no later than 72 business hours prior to the program. Contact us at
or at these telephone numbers.