Learn the basics to having a safe and enjoyable backcountry experience before investing in expensive gear. Our knowledgeable staff will cover important topics such as tents, backpacks, water treatment, and outdoor ethics during this relaxing classroom session. If you are just getting into backpacking, we recommend the following progression:
- Backpacking Basics
- Classroom overview of backpacking gear, safety equipment, etc.
- Beginner Backpacking Trip
- 2-day, 1-night local trip focusing on learning key backpacking concepts to allow you to become an independent backpacker. Equipment available.
- Land Navigation 1 & Land Navigation 2.
- Gourmet Backcountry Cooking
- Backpacking Trips
- 3+ day guided trips promoting you becoming an independent backpacker, expert staff can offer any skills you would like to practice.
Registration opens February 15. $5 late fee applies after April 4.
- By registering, you acknowledge that you have read and understand the refund policy.