Ages: all ages with participating adult
Fees: $10 per person
Tents: $20 (while supplies last): 216-341-1704
Activity Level: easy
Reserve your spot for this special family campout at Squire's Castle. Try disc golf or slacklining, or just relax around the bonfire. Don’t forget your flashlights to take part in a night hike around the castle. Be sure to bring dinner or cook on your own at the pavilion. A light breakfast is provided Saturday morning. Bring your own tent or reserve one from us. No dogs allowed. Squire's Castle Picnic Area is located off Chagrin River Road in North Chagrin Reservation, south of Chardon Road/Route 6 in Willoughby Hills.
Dates/Times: June 23, 6 p.m. – June 24, 11 a.m.
Friday: 6:00-7:30 Registration, Camp Set-up, Hike Sign-ups, Slacklining, Disc Golf
8:30-9:15 Campfire, S'mores (Cleveland Metroparks provides)
9:30-10:00 Night Hike
10:30 Quiet Time - Please be respectful of all campers
Saturday: 7:00-11:00 Camp teardown and clean up
7:30-8:30 Light Breakfast
9:00-11:00 Slacklining and Disc Golf
11:00 Departure - See you next time!
Registration opens April 15. Registration closes June 20 at noon. Late fee after June 15.
Tent reservations (while supplies last) available by calling 216-341-1704
Tent Prices:$20 each
- By registering, you acknowledge that you have read and understand the refund policy.
- With our professionally trained staff and ability to make equipment adaptations, most programs are accessible to anyone who would like to participate assuming they meet the essential eligibility criteria. Please make a request at the time of registration but no later than 5 business days prior to the program. Contact us at email@example.com or 216-341-1704.
General Essential Eligibility Requirements that all participants must meet. A participant….
- …must meet minimum age and pre-trip meeting requirements for each individual program.
- …must meet program fee requirements for each individual program.
- …must be able to remain adequately hydrated, fed, and properly dressed in order to avoid environmental injuries such as hypothermia, heat-related illnesses, sunburn, and frostbite.
- …must refrain from use of alcohol and tobacco before or during outdoor recreation activities and any illegal drugs throughout the duration of a program.
- …must be able, either alone or with the aid of a personal care attendant, to manage, administer and protect any prescription medications currently prescribed to him or her. All medications, including over-the-counter medications shall be declared in medical history section of the registration form.
- …must be able, either alone, with the aid of an augmentative communication device, or a personal care attendant to follow directions and communicate needs.
- …must not exceed manufacturers’ maximum recommended weight limit for equipment being used.
- …must be able to manage personal mobility either alone, with a reasonable amount of assistance, with the aid of a personal care attendant, or with adaptive equipment.
- …must be able to independently wear and maintain wearing all safety equipment correctly.
- …must be able, either alone or with the aid of a personal care attendant or adaptive equipment to travel at least 1 mile on varying terrain as well as be able to carry their own gear on backpacking trips.
- …must be able to, for backcountry programs only, travel in a physically demanding, remote backcountry environment for the uninterrupted period of the trip length, which can range from one to ten days with varying temperatures and environmental conditions including but not limited to, rain snow, hail, sun, and wind. The remoteness is such that cell signal may be unavailable, and it may require at minimum an hour, but perhaps in excess of 2 days travel to reach the nearest road and advanced medical care; participant assumes all costs associated with rescue.
Cleveland Metroparks staff can adapt many programs to be accessible to anyone who would
like to participate assuming they meet the essential eligibility criteria. Reasonable
accommodation can also be made. Please make a request at the time of registration but
no later than 72 business hours prior to the program. Contact us at
or at these telephone numbers.