Level IV – Stroke Improvement
To improve participants' proficiency in performing the swimming strokes that were introduced in Level III. It is designed to develop the student’s endurance by swimming familiar strokes and to introduce the breaststroke and sidestroke.
SKILLS TO BE LEARNED:
• Headfirst entries from the side in compact and stride positions
• Swim underwater
• Feet-first surface dive
• Survival swimming
• Front crawl and backstroke open turns
• Tread water using 2 different kicks
• Front and back crawl, elementary backstroke, breaststroke, sidestroke and butterfly
• Flutter and dolphin kicks on back
The child must have completed Level III or have the skills equivalent to the requirements of Level III.
Registration will only be online until one week prior to the start of class. Once online registrations closes, registrations will be taken in person at Ledge Pool during regular pool hours up until the start of class.