Level III – Stroke Development
For students who are ready to build on the skills achieved in Level II. It is designed to help participants achieve basic water competency in a pool environment.
SKILLS TO BE LEARNED:
• Enter water by jumping from the side
• Headfirst entries from the side in sitting and kneeling positions
• Bobbing while moving toward safety
• Rotary breathing
• Survival float
• Back float
• Change from vertical to horizontal position on front and back
• Tread water
• Flutter, scissor, dolphin and breaststroke kicks on front
• Front crawl and elementary backstroke
The child must have completed Level II or have the skills equivalent to the requirements of Level II.
Registration will only be online until one week prior to the start of class. Once online registrations closes, registrations will be taken in person at Ledge Pool during regular pool hours up until the start of class.