Top O' Ledges Picnic Area is located off Top O' Ledges Drive in Hinckley Reservation, off Bellus Road, east of State Road in Hinckley, OH 44233
Ages: 16 years & over with participating adult
Activity Level: moderate/strenuous
Please bring a completed waiver
and review the participant equipment list.
Experience the thrill of climbing on natural rock at Hinckley Reservation. Learn how to belay, proper climbing techniques and knots while learning to talk the climbing lingo.
Registration begins April 15. Late fee after June 11.
- By registering, you acknowledge that you have read and understand the refund policy.
- With our professionally trained staff and ability to make equipment adaptations, most programs are accessible to anyone who would like to participate assuming they meet the essential eligibility criteria. Please make a request at the time of registration but no later than 5 business days prior to the program. Contact us at email@example.com or 216-341-1704.
General Essential Eligibility Requirements that all participants must meet. A participant….
- …must meet minimum age and pre-trip meeting requirements for each individual program.
- …must meet program fee requirements for each individual program.
- …must be able to remain adequately hydrated, fed, and properly dressed in order to avoid environmental injuries such as hypothermia, heat-related illnesses, sunburn, and frostbite.
- …must refrain from use of alcohol and tobacco before or during outdoor recreation activities and any illegal drugs throughout the duration of a program.
- …must be able, either alone or with the aid of a personal care attendant, to manage, administer and protect any prescription medications currently prescribed to him or her. All medications, including over-the-counter medications shall be declared in medical history section of the registration form.
- …must be able, either alone, with the aid of an augmentative communication device, or a personal care attendant to follow directions and communicate needs.
- …must not exceed manufacturers’ maximum recommended weight limit for equipment being used.
- …must be able to manage personal mobility either alone, with a reasonable amount of assistance, with the aid of a personal care attendant, or with adaptive equipment.
- …must be able to independently wear and maintain wearing all safety equipment correctly.
- …must be able, either alone or with the aid of a personal care attendant or adaptive equipment to travel on sloped, natural surface trails with rocks and roots for varying distances to get to a climbing site void of amenities such as restroom facilities, water, etc.
- …must be able to independently wear and maintain wearing all safety equipment correctly including but not limited to helmet and harness.
- …must refrain from having any external devices other than required climbing safety equipment.