1/23 - With the hope to actually have this race on snow - we have decided to utilize the no snow date - so this race is now scheduled for February 11th. Join Cleveland Metroparks for the second annual Fat Bike Race and Celebration in Cleveland Metroparks, with support from Broadway Cyclery, Century Cycles, Eddy's Bike Shop, Ray's MTB, and Spin Bike Shop. Shawnee Hills Golf Clubhouse will be transformed into fat bike headquarters as we enjoy the cold Mother Nature has to offer.
Race as an individual or grab a friend and enter as a two person relay racing as many laps as you can in a short, fun, groomed course of double track and single track. The celebration continues after the race with music, food and drink, fire, and fat bike try-its, so even if you aren’t racing come join in on the fun. All registered racers will also receive 1/2 price admission at Ray's MTB on race weekend!
More details will continue to be added, so check back often.
Weather dependent; No Snow/No Frozen Ground date: February 11.
Check this website for updates. Refunds will not be given if the February 11th date is utilized (because there isn't enough snow/frozen ground) and you can't come, so check your calendars. Helmet required.
Registration opens December 15that 8:30 a.m. Online registration closes at noon on January 23. Day of registration available if the event doesn't sell out but does not guarantee lunch. A $5 late fee applies after January 8.
- Individual - 45 minute (male and female categories)
- Individual - 75 minute category (male and female categories)
- 2 Person Team Relay - 75 Minute (Male/Male, Female/Male, Female/Female)
A $5 late fee applies after January 8th. The cost is the same regardless of race duration chosen.
- Individuals: $25 (includes lunch)
- 2 Person Relay: $40 (includes lunch for both)
After January 8:
- Individuals: $30
- 2-person Relay: $45
The course will run on groomed double track around the golf course and groomed single track.
Race route, with map, will be announced in late January. Please, no pre-riding the course until race day.
- 8:15 - Registration and check-in at Shawnee Hills Golf Course Clubhouse
- 8:45 - 75 Minute Registration/Check-in closes
- 9:00 - 75 Minute races start
- 10:15 - 45 Minute Registration/Check-in closes
- 10:45 - 45 Minute race start
- 11:30 - Lunch, drink sales, and fat bike try-its from Broadway Cyclery, Century Cycles, & Eddy’s Bike Shop
- 11:30 - Awards
- 2:00 - Food and drink sales closes, test rides over, pack up and see you next year!
Fat Bike Rentals
Bike rentals are available for the race portion of the event through various shops who will be onsite during the event. Please contact them directly for specific bike models and to make arrangements and payment.
If you rent a bike for the race please return it to the shop's booth at the race immediately after you cross the finish line. The bikes shops have rented out the bikes for both race times, so please be courteous and return them quickly.
- Only bikes with both tires over 3.7” will be allowed.
- Relay racers must race a minimum of one lap each.
- Riders must give overtaking riders the opportunity to pass.
- Helmets must be worn when riding.
- All routes are self-supported. One drink station will be available.
- All pre-registered riders will receive a lunch.
- Waivers will need to be completed and signed on race day.
- Racers will be permitted to pre-ride the course on race day from 8:00 a.m. - 8:45 a.m.
- Each lap loops near the clubhouse so you can warm up if you are part of relay team.
- No non-racers on the course until 11:00 a.m.
- By registering, you acknowledge that you have read and understand the refund policy.