Educational field trips, to one of our nature centers or any of our reservations, are an excellent opportunity for students to experience nature first-hand with the guidance of a naturalist.
If you are unable to bring your class to a nature center, a naturalist may be able to come to your school. Many of our programs can be adapted to your classroom.
Programs may be scheduled at your school two weeks to two months in advance, based on staff availability. Call us to discuss your options.
Scheduling a Program
- Programs are offered daily from 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Reservations are required for all naturalist-led programs.
- Program duration is generally between one and three hours, but is flexible.
- One naturalist can work best with a maximum of 30 participants.
- Larger groups can be accommodated if staffing permits.
A limited number of Transportation Vouchers are available to schools within Cleveland Metroparks District. Contact the center of your choice below for more information and a Transportation Voucher Application Form.
Donate to Cleveland Metroparks Field Trip Transportation Fund.
Things to remember on the day of your program
- Please call if you are unable to keep your scheduled appointment.
- Most programs are held rain or shine.
- Dress appropriately for outdoor programs.
|Brecksville Nature Center
|North Chagrin Nature Center
|Rocky River Nature Center
Center at West Creek