Yes, this is the mushroom "fly agaric" (Amanita muscaria). They are found in the area and are usually located under or near evergreen trees as they have a fugal association with them. The “bite” out of the mushroom might have been from a small rodent or commonly slugs will feast on mushrooms. This does not mean it is edible and this mushroom is one that should be avoided.
Thanks for the photo and question.
Send us your identification or behavior questions about plants and animals observed in Cl...