Thank you for your interest in becoming a Cleveland Metroparks volunteer. Volunteers are integral to our day-to-day operations and the overall success of the programs and services we offer. Our work would not be possible without the dedication, passion, and determination volunteers brings to our organization.
How to Become a Volunteer
Attend a Volunteer Information Session to learn more about the Cleveland Metroparks Volunteer Program and the opportunities available. Pre-registration is required.
Upcoming Volunteer Info Sessions:
- Friday, February, 16 | 10:00 – 11:00 am* | Park Operations Administration | Register
- Thursday, February 22 | 6:00 – 7:00 pm* | Park Operations Administration | Register
- Friday, March 9 | 10:00 – 11:00 am | Park Operations Administration | Register
- Tuesday, March 20 | 6:00 – 7:00 pm | Watershed Stewardship Center | Register
- Thursday, April 5 | 10:00 – 11:00 am | Park Operations Administration (Rocky River Reservation) | Register
- Tuesday, April 24 | 6:00 – 7:00 pm | North Chagrin Nature Center | Register
*Recruiting for the 2018 Cleveland Metroparks Zoo volunteer program will take place during the February Information Sessions. Limited space is available for zoo volunteer trainings in 2018, volunteers must be able to attend one of these information sessions to be considered.
Complete an online application.
Attend an interview and complete a background check.
Receive your volunteer assignment and start volunteering!
Under the age of 18:
16 - 17 years olds are permitted to volunteer on their own with parental or guardian permission. Please attend an information session with your parent or guardian for more details.
For youth under age 16, please visit our Youth Education page for opportunities on how to become involved.
For additional information, contact Volunteer Services:
Cleveland Metroparks Volunteer Services
Park Operations Administration
4500 Valley Parkway
Fairview Park, OH 44126