Take ‘Time to Explore’ the Emerald Necklace this fall
Cleveland Metroparks is offering opportunities for everyone to take “Time to Explore” the Emerald Necklace this fall. Take in the beautiful fall foliage across all 18 of Cleveland Metroparks reservations such as atop the Fort Hill Stairs in Rocky River or enjoy one of our naturalist-led hikes. Fall Color Hikes range from scenic strolls along Bridal Veil Falls in Bedford Reservation to a fast-paced trek in Bradley Woods Reservation or a fall color cart tour along the Towpath. Search ‘fall color hike’ at clevelandmetroparks.com for a list of upcoming events and check out the Top Ten Places to See Fall Colors in Cleveland Metroparks
Don't forget to share your favorite places to see fall colors in Cleveland Metroparks! Park visitors are encouraged to tag their favorite fall photos using the hashtag #cLEAFland!
Special Events During October
Enjoy Cleveland Metroparks by visiting during an upcoming special event this fall:
- FallFest: 18th Century Festival (September 30, 2018) - Enjoy this free event celebrating pioneers in Brecksville Reservation. Take in folk music, dip your own candle, and play with pioneer toys. You’ll hear the hammer of the blacksmith, the danceable beat of the Mud in Yer Eye band, and the battle cries of the Brigade of the American Revolution. Bring the whole family to smell the wood smoke, taste the fresh-pressed cider, marvel at the magician, and make a pot of posies to take home! In addition, pony rides, food, and souvenirs will be available for sale.
- Hands on Heritage (October 6, 2018) - Visit Rocky River Nature Center and surrounding trails for a day of free family fun focused around traditional skills including butter churn, fresh-pressed apple cider and candle making. Heritage craftspeople will be on hand demonstrating skills such as blacksmithing, lace-making, pioneer cooking and more.
- Royalview Rumble (October 6, 2018) - Come check out the 2nd annual trail run and mountain bike race in Millstream Run Reservation. Race as an individual or a two person relay. Enjoy a difficult 4.25-mile trail run before transitioning to the 6-mile mountain bike leg on natural surface single track. See link for more race offerings.
- Fall Family Fishing Fest (October 13, 2018) - Children and families are invited to a free fun fishing event along the Ohio and Erie Canal just down the hill from CanalWay Center. Rainbow trout and catfish will be stocked prior to the event. Educational stations will provide opportunities for families to learn fishing skills or test their knowledge.
- Boo at the Zoo - Tickets for Cleveland’s sweetest Halloween Tradition, Boo at the Zoo presented by Citizens Bank, are on sale now. Enjoy treat stations presented by Wayside Furniture, unlimited 4-D Theater movies, carousel and train rides and more. Tickets available at futureforwildlife.org/boo.
Cleveland Metroparks popular fall hayrides are returning this October! Hayrides will begin Saturday, October 6 at Mill Stream Run Reservation and will be offered every Saturday in October from 6 to 10 p.m. Hayrides are offered on a first-come, first-served basis, and leave approximately every half hour. Hay throwing is permitted on our hayrides and is a Chalet tradition. Wagons can be covered and operate rain or shine and are ADA accessible.
The Chalet Recreation Area is located at 16200 Valley Parkway in Strongsville, between state Routes 42 and 82 - just off I-71 and the Ohio Turnpike. For more information on private group rentals or new hayrides geared towards young children without hay throwing, visit: clevelandmetroparks.com
Fall Golf Discounts
Seasonal discounted rates on all eight Cleveland Metroparks Golf Courses begin October 9th. Visit clevelandmetroparks.com/golf
for more information.
# # #