FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT:
BOB ROTATORI - 216-635-3263 - or -
DAN CRANDALL - 216-635-3274
Treat dad to the new, free Cleveland Metroparks �Royalview
Mountain Bike Expo� event on Sunday, June 17 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
at Royalview Picnic Area in Mill Stream Run Reservation in
With the new, natural surface Royalview Trail officially opening
on June 15, be one of the first to mountain bike over 8 miles of
trails through the beautiful woodlands and amazing views of
Mountain bike riders, 8 and older, can enjoy:
- Noon to 1 and 2 to 3 p.m. - Kid's Skills Clinic for ages, 8 and
- 12:15 to 2 and 2:15 to 4 p.m. - Beginner Clinics and Rides for
teens and older
- 12:30 to 2 and 2:30 to 4 p.m. - Group Rides for teens and
Demonstrations and mini-clinics at the event are:
- Noon and 2 p.m. - �How to Fit a Helmet�
- 12:30 p.m. - �Mountain Bike Types and Technology�
- 1 p.m. - �How to Change a Tire�
- 2 p.m. - �Cleveland Metroparks Ranger Bike Demonstrations�
- 3 p.m. - �Obstacle Course Race�
Bring a bike, and helmets are required.
Refreshments will be available, and adults, ages 21 and over,
can purchase beer at the �Beer Garden.�
The new, natural surface Royalview Trail is being built by
Cleveland Metroparks, the Student Conservation Association and
hundreds of volunteer hours from the Cleveland Mountain Bike
Association (CAMBA), with funding from Cleveland Metroparks Emerald
Necklace Endowment Fund.
Royalview Picnic Area is located off Royalview Lane in Mill
Stream Run Reservation, off Valley Parkway, just south of Royalton
Road/Route 82 in Strongsville.
Suggested parking for the event is along Royalview Lane and at
the nearby Chalet Recreation Area. Shuttle service will be
provided to and from the Chalet Recreation Area.
For more information, call 440-526-1012 or 440-734-6660 or
Bring dad and all the mountain bikes to the �Royalview Mountain
Bike Expo� at Cleveland Metroparks - part of your life,