Directions: Meet at Sleepy Hollow Golf Course
Ages: 8 & over with registered and participating adult
Terrain/Distance: Less than 1 mile over mostly flat, possibly muddy or snowy terrain
Join us as we envision a snowy winter and the joy it brings. Whether snow is on the ground or not, come learn about the equipment required and the skills necessary to cross-country ski. Conditions will determine whether we hike or ski; either way come prepared for some snow inspired fun! The entire program will be spent outside; please dress appropriately for the weather. Dressing in non-cotton layers is encouraged as well as good footwear for hiking. If we ski, ski boots will be provided. Reference the 3Ws of layering
for more information about how to dress. Classes will begin promptly, so plan to arrive early. Please bring a completed waiver
and review the participant equipment list.
By registering, you acknowledge that you have read and understand the cancellation policy
General Essential Eligibility Requirements that all participants must meet. A participant….
- Program fees and deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable to another date/program unless Cleveland Metroparks finds it necessary to cancel a program. Participants assume risk of all changes in personal health and affairs.
- If Cleveland Metroparks cancels a program, the cancellation will be posted on the registration page for that program. For programs other than races, participants will also be notified by e-mail and/or phone.
- …must meet minimum age and pre-trip meeting requirements for each individual program.
- …must meet program fee requirements for each individual program.
- …must be able to remain adequately hydrated, fed, and properly dressed in order to avoid environmental injuries such as hypothermia, heat-related illnesses, sunburn, and frostbite.
- …must refrain from use of alcohol and tobacco before or during outdoor recreation activities and any illegal drugs throughout the duration of a program.
- …must be able, either alone or with the aid of a personal care attendant, or through arrangements outlined on the Request for Administration of Medication Form or an Individual Medication Plan to manage, administer and protect any prescription medications currently prescribed to him or her. All medications, including over-the-counter medications shall be listed as required on the Medical Information portion of the registration materials.
- …must be able, either alone, with the aid of an augmentative communication device, or a personal care attendant to follow directions and communicate needs.
- …must not exceed manufacturers’ maximum recommended weight limit for equipment being used.
- …must be able to manage personal mobility either alone, with a reasonable amount of assistance, with the aid of a personal care attendant, or with adaptive equipment.
- …must be able to independently wear and maintain wearing all safety equipment correctly.
- …must be able, either alone or with the aid of a personal care attendant or adaptive equipment to travel at least 1 mile on varying terrain as well as be able to carry their own gear on backpacking trips.
…must be able to, for backcountry programs only, travel in a physically demanding, remote backcountry environment for the uninterrupted period of the trip length, which can range from one to ten days with varying temperatures and environmental conditions including but not limited to, rain snow, hail, sun, and wind. The remoteness is such that cell signal may be unavailable, and it may require at minimum an hour, but perhaps in excess of 2 days travel to reach the nearest road and advanced medical care; participant assumes all costs associated with