The Red Line Greenway links the Cleveland Foundation Centennial Trail Lake Link to two RTA Red Line Rapid Transit stations, and provides a primary commuting corridor from W. 65th Street to downtown Cleveland.
- Construction Start: December 2019
- Completion: May 2021
- Contract Amount: $6,444,209.75
- Contractor: Mark Haynes Construction, Inc.
- Project Designer: Michael Baker International
- Contact: Bob Burichin, Project Manager, 216-401-4116 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Franklin Hill portion of the trail overlooking Downtown Cleveland
- 5/12/21: Ribbon cutting ceremony and official trail opening
- 4/19/21: Final preparations for trail opening
- 3/22/21: Final plantings and landscaping underway
- 2/22/21: Overhead canopy completed at Norfolk Southern overpass
- 1/25/21: Final fencing being installed along the RTA corridor
- 12/28/20: Final grading and shaping underway through the corridor
- 11/30/20: Wood safety railing and overlook completed at Franklin Connector
- 10/29/20: Final roadway and curb work along Freas Ave. and stone trail base installed in preparation for continued all purpose trail paving
- 9/21/20: Paved all purpose trail section between W. 41st St. and W. 53rd St.
- 8/10/20: Caissons being drilled for Franklin Hill retaining wall
- 7/13/20: Prep work on the Franklin Hill retaining wall and new sidewalks on the segment between W. 41st St. and W. 53rd St.
- 6/15/20: Stone trail base being installed between W. 44th St. and W. 53rd St.
- 5/18/20: Temporary striping installed on Frankline Avenue and first section of all purpose trail installed
- 5/4/20: Work continuing along Franklin Avenue to install ADA sidewalk ramps, curbs, and roadway milling
- 4/20/20: Final grading underway along the RTA corridor, including at W. 25th Street Connector
- 3/23/20: Continued earthwork along the RTA corridor and installation of drainage and stormwater best management practices (BMPs)
- 2/11/20: Earthwork is progressing near Franklin Avenue and construction will generally move from east to west during the project duration
- 1/17/20: Clearing, grubbing, and grading underway
- 12/30/19: Construction underway along portions of the trail
- 8/15/19: Contract awarded