- 12 different nature items (2 of each thing)
- Containers or something to hide items from sight (should be the same size and shape).
- Go out to find several matching items from your yard. Tree leaves, seeds, flowers, flower petals, rocks, sticks, or other things from nature.
- Place each item in a container or under something to hide it from sight.
- Set items up in rows and reveal two at a time to try to find matches.
- Take turns until all items have been matched.
Other versions of homemade memory nature games:
- Cut wood cookies (2-3 inch diameter branch slices) and decorate them with drawings of animals, tree leaves, flowers, and other things from nature.
- Cut paper/cardboard into the same shapes and sizes, then decorate them with drawings of animals, trees leaves, flowers, and other things from nature.