1. This craft is best for children in preschool-elementary.
2. If you do not have a small paintbrush for details, you can use a thin sharpie.These fingerprint planters are perfect for little fingers! You can make flowers, ladybugs, butterflies, bees, and any other insect you can think of!
- Terra cotta flower planter (any size)
- Paints (acrylic or tempera)
- Paintbrush (for details)
- Paper plate or paint palette (to put paint on)
- Ladybug - Make a red fingerprint. Let it dry. Add antennae, a line down the back, and black dots
- Butterflies - Make a black fingerprint. Add 4 colored fingerprints to be wings. Add the antennae details.
- Bumblebees - Make yellow fingerprints. Once dry, add antennae, wings, and stinger details. Also add an eye and black stripes. What other insects can you make using finger-prints?
You could try: dragonflies, fireflies, and more! Don’t forget to plant a flower in your planter once you are all done!