1. This craft is best for children in preschool-elementary.
2. If you do not have googly eyes or a sharpie, you can use paint instead.
- Paint (tempera or acrylic)
- Paper Plate (to put paint on)
- Glue (any kind)
- Googly Eyes
- Thin Sharpie
- Paper (Cardstock, Construction, etc.)
- Using your fingers, paint a tree branch onto your paper.
- Using your finger, make fingerprint leaves around the ends of your branches.
- Use your fingeprint to make a few birds on the branch. Add two little dots to be tail feathers.
- Add details using sharpie or paint.
- Glue on the googly eyes to complete your painting.
When you go in your backyard, what birds do you see or hear? Many birds have very specific calls. Sometimes their calls sound like words to us! Go outside and listen... do you hear any birds saying the following things? “Peter, Peter, Peter” -Tufted Titmouse“Cheeseburger” or “Chickadee-dee-dee” -Black-capped Chickadee“Cheer, Cheer, Cheer” -Northern Cardinal