Plastic Bag Jump Rope: Ages all!
- 12-24 plastic grocery bags(depending on how long you want it to be!)
- 2 cardboard toilet paper rolls or 1 paper towel roll
- Duct tape
- Start by cutting bags along side seams. Leave handles and bottom of bag intact. To start cut 9 bags.
- Lay 3 bags handle to bottom. Slightly overlap the bottom loop of the top bag (bag A) with the handle end of the next bag(bag B).
- Take the bottom of bag B and fold it up over itself to meet the bottom of bag A.
- Loop the bottom of bag B through the handle of Bag B, trapping the bottom of bag A.
- Pull through until you have a tight knot. Sometimes pulling through the knot takes some patience, so do not be worried if it does not pull through smoothly the first time.
- Repeat this process with the next bag in the chain.
- Move to the next set of three bags and tie them together so they are not connected to the first 3.
- Do this once more, you should now have 3 separate lengths of tied plastic bags.
- Hold the ends of the 3 lengths in a bundle, twist together and fold the twist over and under to tie the 3 bags together.
- Begin from this knot and braid the 3 lengths together as tightly as possible.
- When you reach the end, tie new bags to each strand with the same knot as in step 2. Continue braiding.
- Repeat this process until the length rope you want. Then tie off the end by twisting the end together and folding the rope over and under.
- To make the handles, slides cardboard toilet paper tube on each end of the rope. Wrap inside end of the tube and a little bit of the rope in duct tape to secure. Decorate the handles!
- Start jumping!