The Cleveland Lakefront Bikeway Connector
links the Cleveland Foundation Centennial Trail Lake Link to the Cleveland Lakefront Bikeway.
The Canal Basin Park Connector
links the Cleveland Foundation Centennial Trail Lake Link to Canal Basin Park, Rivergate Park, the Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority (RTA) Waterfront Line Rapid Transit, and downtown Cleveland.
- Construction Start: February 2019
- Construction Completion: August 2019
- Contract Amount: $736,750
- Contractor: Schirmer Construction, LLC
- Project Designer: Michael Baker International
- 9/3/19: Construction complete.
- 8/19/19: Detour lifted. Final pavement markings in process.
- 8/01/19: Connector pavement completed.
- 7/16/19: Curb ramps installed and continued work on the Canal Basin Park Connector. Detroit Ave. one-way detour to remain in place until construction completion.
- 7/03/19: New sidewalks in along Center St. Curbs installed and trail work underway along Detroit Ave.
- 5/21/19: Construction of the all purpose trail along Detroit Avenue underway.
- 4/24/19: Pavement installed along Main Avenue for the Cleveland Lakefront Bikeway Connector.
- 4/19/19: Due to construction on the Canal Basin Park Connector trail, Detroit Ave. between W. 24th St. and Center St. will be temporarily one-way traffic eastbound through June 30, 2019. Detour Signs will be posted directing drivers. Traffic can enter Detroit Ave. from W. 24th St. and exit onto Center St.