|Now Open for the 2015-2016 Toboggan Season
DUE TO ONGOING WARM AND VARYING WEATHER CONDITIONS PLEASE CALL 440-572-9990 “6” or CHECK CLEVELAND METROPARKS FACEBOOK PAGE FOR UPDATES OR CHANGES TO HOURS OF OPERATION.
Experience the tallest, fastest ice chutes in Ohio!
Feel the rush of adrenaline as you speed down a 700-foot ice chute at speeds up to 50 miles per hour.
Hours of Operation
Open the day after Thanksgiving - Friday, November 27, 2015 through March 6, 2016 (weather permitting)
Private rental of the Chalet, including the toboggan chutes, is available during non-public hours
- Adult (all-day ticket): $12
- Child 11 and Younger (all-day ticket): $10
- One-Ride Ticket: $6
- School and College ID Night starts January 7, 2016: Thursdays, $9 with school ID
- Group rates - $1 off per person for groups of 20 or more are available for tobogganing during public hours and must be scheduled at least two weeks in advance
We accept Cash, Check, Visa, Mastercard, and Discover. There is NOT an ATM on site.
A season pass is available at a cost of $60 for adults and $50 for children 11 and younger. A family pass for up to four individuals is available for $150. A discount on season passes is available through December 24. Season Passes may be purchased online or at the Chalet during hours of operation.
Purchase Season Passes Online. Season Pass Sales Begin October 1, 2015. Check the web store for current discounts.
Receive a gift pack with each season pass purchased through December 24, 2014. Limit one gift pack per season pass purchased. Gift packs must be picked up at the Chalet. You may pick up your gift pack when you purchase your season pass or upon your first visit.
Weather Condition Updates
Tobogganing may be canceled due to weather and/or ice conditions. No rainchecks or refunds.
*Weather Permitting — If temperatures exceed 50 degrees, there is heaving rain or varying weather conditions tobogganing may be cancelled or hours of operation changed.
For Daily Weather or Operation Updates Please call (440) 572-9990 and press option 6. We will also post closings or changed operating hours on Cleveland Metroparks Facebook page as weather or operating conditions dictate.
The toboggan lift is used to carry the toboggans up to the top of the chutes. The toboggans are loaded and unloaded by Chalet Staff. Riders will still need to walk up the stairs to the top of the hill to ride the toboggan chutes.
No other items or people will be transported by the toboggan lift.
Riders must carry toboggans to the top of hill, in the event the toboggan lift is not operating.
Rules and Regulations
- Children 11 and younger must be accompanied by an adult.
- All children must be at least 42 inches tall to ride.
- All riders must wear gloves or mittens (Heavy gloves recommended).
- Cleveland Metroparks is not responsible for injuries or personal property.
- For your protection, height and safety requirements will be enforced.
- No outside food or beverage permitted inside Chalet building
- Ticket sales end one hour before closing
- Riders must carry toboggans to the top of the hill, in the event the toboggan lift is not operating
Private Toboggan Rental (Non-Public Hours)
Private rental entitles your group to exclusive use of the Chalet Recreation Area for a toboggan party. Rental times are offered only during non-public hours.
- 4-hour private rental 1-100 riders: $850
- 3-hour private rental 1-100 riders: $750
- Riders over first 100 riders: $6.50 each
- Early Entry (set-up only, as available): $65/hour
- After-event use of building $85/hour
Popular Private Toboggan Non-Public Rental Time Slots
- Saturday & Sunday, EARLY BIRD, 8–11 a.m.
- Sunday, EVENING HOURS, 6–9 p.m., or 6–10 p.m.
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday EVENING HOURS (Not available during holiday hours)
5–9 p.m. or 6–10 p.m.
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday DAY HOURS (not available during holiday hours)
9 a.m.–1 p.m.
10 a.m.–2 p.m.
11 a.m.–3 p.m.
Private groups may bring food into the Chalet or arrangements can be made prior to your event to have a buffet served. NO ALCOHOL PERMITTED.
Staffed Concession Stand and Buffets Available for Private Rentals
Our staffed concession stand is available during your private event. Would you like to have our concession stand open during your event so your group can make their own purchases? Or, would you like for us to prepare a breakfast or lunch buffet for your group? There are many options to choose from. Please call for details. 440-572-9990
Birthday Party Rentals
Birthday Party Rentals & Food Packages are being offered to assist you with your group gatherings during public tobogganing hours.
- Thursdays 6-10 p.m. - January 7 – March 3
- Fridays 6-10 p.m.
- Saturdays Noon-4 p.m. or 6 p.m.-10 p.m.
- Sunday Noon-4 p.m.
Many Birthday Party Packages to choose from.
- 4 Hour Time slot, 2 reserved tables in our Birthday Party Area, up to 20 Guests
- Decorations, Tablecloths, 3 Balloons
Birthday Party Package Options:
- Food Packages and Ala Carte Menu
- Birthday Cakes
- Toboggan Tickets
*Food must be purchased from concession. MUST BE BOOKED AT LEAST TWO WEEKS IN ADVANCE.
Thursday Night -Small Group Party Rental
Beginning January 7, 2016
Available January 7 – March 3, 2015 – during public hours 6-10pm.
Bring in groups of 30 to 50 riders and receive a discounted rate and three reserved tables. Food must be purchased from concession. MUST BE BOOKED AT LEAST TWO WEEKS IN ADVANCE.
30 riders - $300*
*additional riders over 30 up to 50 - $8 each
For more information or to make reservations, call 440-572-9990.
For Questions, Group Reservations and Details, please call 440-572-9990