1. What hours will the Zoo be open this weekend?
2. How much does it cost for my family to visit?
3. How much does parking cost?
4. Does the Zoo provide internal transportation?
The Zoo provides complimentary transportation daily from 10 a.m. to closing from African Elephant Crossing directly to the Primate, Cats and Aquatics Building and back. Other trams routes may be available. On high attendance days, the zoo provides trams from the overflow parking lots to the main entrance. Heated transportation is available during winter months. All tram routes and times are subject to change
5. What events are coming up at the Zoo?
6. How much does it cost to bring my group to the Zoo?
7. Can I buy tickets to The RainForest and Zoo separately?
No - one ticket includes The RainForest and the Zoo.
8. How long does it take to see the Zoo?
It depends on how many people you have with you, how fast you walk, etc. Allow 2-4 hours to enjoy the Zoo and at least an hour and a half to experience The RainForest.
9. Can I get a membership to the Zoo?
Of course! Membership includes unlimited admission to the Zoo and The RainForest for a full year. Members also receive a subscription to Z Magazine, discounts on select Zoo events and activities, and additional benefits. For more information about membership and to become a member online, please visit the Cleveland Zoological Society’s website here.
10. Do I get in for free if I am a member of another zoo?
We participate with reciprocal zoos at a 50% admission discount. For more information about reciprocal zoos, please visit the Cleveland Zoological Society’s website here.
11. Do you offer any discounts or coupons?
12. Do you know of any hotels near the Zoo?
13. Where can I find directions to the Zoo?
The Zoo's address is:
Cleveland Metroparks Zoo
3900 Wildlife Way
Cleveland, OH 44109
14. Can I take photos of the animals?
We allow photographs of all animals and exhibits from public viewing areas unless otherwise noted. If you are from a media outlet, we ask that you set up the photo shoot in advance. Call 216-661-6500 and ask for Marketing & PR or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org We do not allow umbrella type flashes or external lighting set ups unless special arrangements are made in advance.
15.Can I adopt a zoo animal?
We’d love for you to become a ZooParent! When you support the Adopt an Animal program, you will help improve habitats and support the Zoo’s important research, breeding and conservation efforts. To view a list of adoptable animals and to adopt online, please visit the Cleveland Zoological Society’s website here.
16. Where can I find information on fundraising events like Twilight at the Zoo?
The Cleveland Zoological Society hosts several fabulous fundraisers every year – ZippityZooDoo, Twilight at the Zoo and Date Night at the ZOOvies. Funds raised at Zoo Society events help provide excellent animal care, educate school kids, create great visitor experiences and support our amazing Zoo. For a list of events, please visit the Cleveland Zoological Society’s website here.
17. Help - my pet is sick! What should I do?
Cleveland Metroparks Zoo shares your concern for the best care for animals; however, you may need to take your pet to a vet. Please check the yellow pages under Veterinarians to find the vet that's right for your pet.
18. Can I bring my pet to the Zoo?
19. Can I rent a wheelchair at the Zoo?
20. Can you help me identify this strange animal I saw/found?
21. I am working on a class project - how much does a zoo cost?
You will find that every zoo is different - size, how many animals, what type of animal, what price they choose to charge at the gate (if they charge admission), if they are supported by taxes or a non-profit society, or both... The list is endless and again, every zoo is different.
22. How can I sign up for an internship with the zoo?
Cleveland Metroparks Zoo does not currently offer internship opportunities to students. We do offer a variety of positions of seasonal employment which you can find listed on the Cleveland Metroparks website here: Find Jobs. Often, seasonal positions are available in the summer and are usually filled by the end of the previous year.
Additionally, our education division offers a one-on-one Keeper for the Day experience. Find out more here.
Thank you for your interest in Cleveland Metroparks Zoo. Please feel free to contact us if you have additional questions.